Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

what does the buddy list do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Gazpacho posted:

one thing that was mentioned: certain columns in the database contain integers divided into bit fields that control various features, and sometimes one bit position is assigned to represent a logical combination of conditions represented by other bits in the same column

wow

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

like that's impressive in how sophisticated you can make something while simultaneously missing the point of it entirely

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

they weren't ints, they were actual strings of 1s and 0s that he was simply calling bitfields.

lmfao

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

dead gay son posted:

help computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

the worst part is when this all goes kaput, i've never been really super-involved in the inner stuff, i just lurk mostly and so i'm never gonna know where y'all went.

it'll fracture and the individual splinters will eventually burn out independently as they won't be able to sustain themselves with SA's pull so don't worry too much about that

i've accepted the fact that if this place goes my internet usage will go down by like 95%

• Locked thread