Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i think the rewrite is going somewhere in between "poorly" and "not at all"

also where is the kickparper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

here u go: https://secure.somethingawful.com/products/donate.php

i don't get why richard doesn't just start a new forum from scratch with the existing users and smilies migrated over, it's not like any of our posts are worth migrating or preserving

but what do i know i just post here :shittydog:

it was implied that lowtax was actually going to have a full kickstarter type page with rewards and such detailed out, more than just the donation page you linked

SmokaDustbowl posted:

when the rewrite drops everyone with a regdate over 2006 will be banned

sweet

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

a website of this caliber demands only the finest in bespoke software. nothing here can be done using mere "off the shelf" solutions, it all must be painstakingly crafted from the highest quality, hand-selected bits and bytes.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *wheeeeeze* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

put the archives on novelty grenade-shaped thumb drives autographed by lowtax (first 555 orders get a free moofwear tshirt)

infernal machines posted:

i'm sure this has been discussed to death, but what was the logic behind paying some rando to reinvent the wheel from first principles, rather than pay for customization of a proven solution?

who knows. lowtax has seemingly always been of the thought that SA is way too much of a special-snowflake for ANYTHING off the shelf, regardless of what is task needs to be accomplished. why was he working on having a custom kickstarter thing instead of just, oh i don't know, using kickstarter or gofundme or whatever other crowdfunding/fundraising sites out there?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

zen death robot posted:

yeah i know the cost

i think FamDav was more interested in the financial cost, not emotional

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

hey remember how lowtax said he was going to get involved with the forums again? i mean the most recent time he said that, just a few months ago?

so uh...yeah

hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

He's a nice guy but he clearly takes no joy in running the forums so I dunno why he tries to

I can't entirely blame him seeing some of the profoundly stupid bullshit that's gone on here

but then this is his business and livelihood and the guy's got three kids so that's where the apathy gets a little weird and concerning

• Locked thread