Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burning swine
May 26, 2004

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

well, the products i know of that use MUMPS are these, ordered from least bad to most bad

• epic
  • cerner millenium
  • meditech (an even crazier dialect of MUMPS called MAGIC)
  • intersystems' bespoke system whose name changes every 6 months
  • pretty sure 3m's emr that they're killing runs on mumps
  • VISTA
  • crazy in-house developed poo poo running on hospital mainframes from the 60s.

friend of mine got a job at Meditech a few years ago, and I got to experience the agony of learning MAGIC by proxy. The poo poo he used to tell me about that language was absolutely horrifying. For example, he could only work with a preset list of static functions baked into the language, and they all had 2-letter names. For example, converting ASCII to hex was "ZJ()" and hex to ascii was "ZH()", and one of his coworkers had written a bit for converting some data to a string for output (or something) that looked like this:

code:
/LIST.IMG[ZJ(21)_ZJ(20)_ZJ("5C")_ZJ("F9")_ZJ("4A")]
    /LIST.IMG[ZJ(21)_ZJ(20)_ZJ("5C")_ZJ("F9")_ZJ("4F")]
also his company-provided work environment was an asus eee pc running a terminal application connected to a mainframe that ran the dev environment

lol

burning swine
May 26, 2004

triple sulk posted:

hipchat was the only tolerable atlassian product

haha what

an IM client incapable of displaying more than one conversation at a time

it's bad

You've reached the end of your viewable chat history. Switch to HipChat Plus for unlimited access.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

pram posted:

bitbucket is straight up a joke. cant search code in tyool 2017 lmao

you can but it's so awful and ineffective that there's no reason to bother

burning swine
May 26, 2004

the confluence update that deprecated wiki syntax turned thousands of pages of our documentation into pure garbage

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Doom Mathematic posted:

Don't cryptographically sign your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I have discovered a truly remarkable proof of the existence of alternate thread states which this post is too small to contain.

radium's last theorem

• Locked thread