Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Ayatollah Hermione posted:

have any other lefties experienced a sudden 180 ideological flip on guns? I was basically for repealing the second amendment six months ago and now it's probably a good thing that I'm poor or i would have bought 2 to 5 guns and a freaking ghillie suit on november 9th

You're most likely to use the gun on yourself or a family member, so it's probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

have any other lefties experienced a sudden 180 ideological flip on guns? I was basically for repealing the second amendment six months ago and now it's probably a good thing that I'm poor or i would have bought 2 to 5 guns and a freaking ghillie suit on november 9th
i was always pro-gun as was every non-fairweather non-collaborator leftist :jihad:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

the right to firearms is an important human right

should at least learn how to use one safely, even if you don't want to buy one

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Starshark posted:

You're most likely to use the gun on yourself or a family member, so it's probably for the best.

sometimes you got family members who voted trump, sometimes the trump voter was inside of you all along

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i just think its weird that I have so changed my opinion on the topic in such a short time. I'm the first to admit that i have an extremely stubborn ideology. I made up my mind about guns before i had pubes and now everything is all topsy turvey. I guess lil marco was right, feelin radical up in here :o:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Groper posted:

I tried yesterday, only to find out that Uncle Sam says my weed card makes me a dangerous unstable addict unfit to own firearms. :(

lol if true

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

akadajet posted:

lol if true

you have to answer a questionaire about if youre a user of any "narcotics" and its a felony to lie on it lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wtf

just buy a gun at a gun show
zero forms just cash

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

jarofpiss posted:

you have to answer a questionaire about if youre a user of any "narcotics" and its a felony to lie on it lol

"no officer I started smoking weed immediately after I purchased the gun"

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

I wouldn't call it a 180 but I no longer roll my eyes quite as hard when gun lovers go on paranoid digressions about what governments (and citizens) might attempt without the rule of law.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

if the trump thing has taught us anything, not just about guns but practically anything, it's that people who stick to principles no matter what are loser fuckermen who will not be remembered by history, while cool winner guys simply do what is good for their team and decry it as immoral, evil etc when the enemy does the same

so in this case if i have guns then guns are insanely cool and good, but if people who disagree with me have guns then those guns need to be controlled and shouldnt be in their hands, really

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
In 2005, William Freund sought advice in the Something Awful gun subforum about purchasing Hevi-Shot brand ammunition[15] several days before embarking on a "shooting rampage", in which he killed two people before committing suicide. Freund had stated in the thread, which was closed before the killing spree, along with his ability to post comments being revoked, that he intended to use the ammunition to defend his Halloween pumpkins from vandals.[16]

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I've always thought gun control is a necessary part of a civilized society, but that sort of presupposes that society is going to stay civilized and naturally progress in a direction that makes personal firearm ownership mostly anachronistic. Luckily I'm Canadian so the need isn't as pressing, but Canada can't escape any kid of drastic global realignment America causes so on a longer timescale knowing how to safely operate and keep firearms suddenly sounds like an actual life-skill again.

Here's a question for those of you in the States who've been moving in the direction of "leftists and minorities should be armed for their protection", the Clinton and Obama administrations both had a whole lot of militia activity whose whole rhetoric and style was built around preparing for some kind of upcoming civil war or calamity, but were for the most part left alone. Can other groups reasonably hope to adopt that style of rhetoric without immediately becoming labeled as terrorists? I know in Canada background checks and personal references are a necessary part of getting a gun license and I don't know if holding a political opinion like "what if there's civil collapse or a fascist takeover?" is a disqualifying opinion.

HailHorrorHail
Jun 9, 2015

lol donald trump gets elected and NOW liberals are changing their mind on the gun thing. should have done that a while ago when the NRA controlled a significant bloc of voters.

the only person you can trust to protect you is yourself. guns are completely safe if you're not an idiot. if someone wants someone dead, they'll hit you with a car or poison you or something, guns don't just make you kill people. blah blah blah

pick up rifle and go to the range. if you're one of the people who have a mental disorder or something where gun ownership is not a good idea, then obviously don't pick one up, but lol if you don't think that right wing nutjobs don't get some kind of leeway by toting around guns anytime they ramble about stuff

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Darkman Fanpage posted:

In 2005, William Freund sought advice in the Something Awful gun subforum about purchasing Hevi-Shot brand ammunition[15] several days before embarking on a "shooting rampage", in which he killed two people before committing suicide. Freund had stated in the thread, which was closed before the killing spree, along with his ability to post comments being revoked, that he intended to use the ammunition to defend his Halloween pumpkins from vandals.[16]

:agreed:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
lol @ liberals suddenly wanting to buy guns

wtf....guns are good now???

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Scionix posted:

lol @ liberals suddenly wanting to buy guns

wtf....guns are good now???

they're still bad, it's just that inbred nazis love them

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Yinlock posted:

they're still bad, it's just that inbred nazis love them

im sure you will have a moment of introspection at some point in your life

not right now tho

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Scionix posted:

im sure you will have a moment of introspection at some point in your life

not right now tho

i went into meditation and looked deep into my soul, and saw that i didn't like nazis

i'm sure i'll live with myself somehow

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
who gives a poo poo about guns when u got a video card the size of a brick

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Homeless Friend posted:

those shatter pretty easily though

source: me

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Homeless Friend posted:

i own Nazis regularly

in sniper elite 2

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

my fps lets me pwn noobs faster than any "gun"

HailHorrorHail
Jun 9, 2015

my knowledge of guns is limited to maining d.va in overwatch.

so like, i climb into the mech and i get infinite bullets?

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I tried to donate a Walther 9mm to the mosque down the street. The imam insisted they didn't want it. I stuck around and we shot the breeze for a while. It turns out he has an LLM.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Me personally I don't like guns and I don't want guns but I'm getting afraid that the day will come when I need a gun so I'm probably going to get a gun.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Best Giraffe posted:

Support your friendly local drug dealer!

My fldd tries too hard to keep ridiculously high throughput and constantly undercures his poo poo. I took advantage of the glories of the free market, (have you even SEEN the medibles wall at a dispo? Insane) and now I am shafted on one of my "sacred unalienable rights", and will therefore be at the gunshow next weekend hunting for a .357 to "gift" to my cousin. congrats uncle Sam, you played yourself right out of some sales tax.

Car Hater has issued a correction as of 15:06 on Feb 5, 2017

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

ScrubLeague posted:

Me personally I don't like guns and I don't want guns but I'm getting afraid that the day will come when I need a gun so I'm probably going to get a gun.

Guns are for fun! (until they're not)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

americans are maybe the only nationality in the world that has conclusively proven they can't handle gun ownership

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

*in extremely american gun owner voice*
90 deaths every day is a small price to pay for a safeguard against a police state or a nazi becoming president!

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

The Groper posted:

My fldd tries too hard to keep ridiculously high throughput and constantly undercures his poo poo. I took advantage of the glories of the free market, (have you even SEEN the medibles wall at a dispo? Insane) and now I am shafted on one of my "sacred unalienable rights", and will therefore be at the gunshow next weekend hunting for a .357 to "gift" to my cousin. congrats uncle Sam, you played yourself right out of some sales tax.

As a resident of the great state of Pennsylvania I have never been allowed to enter a weed store, but I always have access to the gun store.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

nopantsjack posted:

90 deaths every day is a small price to pay for a safeguard against a police state or a nazi becoming president!

Mine is for prepper fantasies. :)

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

nopantsjack posted:

this but unironically

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

nopantsjack posted:

death is good

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
dont post about it, go to a range and learn how to shoot whatever gun fits ur needs

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

turns out if you let an organization goad a highly psychotic electorate into gun ownership and not do anything about the huge racist problem police have while pushing irresponsible forms of gun control because you don't want to hear anything from responsible gun owners, you get lots of massacres and practically state sanctioned killings. weird

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

turns out if you let an organization goad a highly psychotic electorate into gun ownership and not do anything about the huge racist problem police have while pushing irresponsible forms of gun control because you don't want to hear anything from responsible gun owners, you get lots of massacres and practically state sanctioned killings. weird

your point?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baloogan posted:

your point?
instead of thinking guns are bad because you let a bunch of psychos have them, guns are, in fact, good.

i'm not sure why parts of the left got tricked into supporting slipshod gun control smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i like guns

• Locked thread