Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

instead of thinking guns are bad because you let a bunch of psychos have them, guns are, in fact, good.

i'm not sure why parts of the left got tricked into supporting slipshod gun control smh

because liberals are just as prone to by hypocrite babies as conservatives they just don't want to admit it?

*in extremely neoliberal voice* hahaha look at those idiot preppers that think Obama is the antichrist wait poo poo guns are extremely cool now!!!

e: i sniped this page with my CZ

Scionix has issued a correction as of 08:37 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
For the record I'm not getting a gun because I'm afraid of the government, I'm getting a gun because I'm probably on a list that the Red Hats will be checking twice.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

ScrubLeague posted:

For the record I'm not getting a gun because I'm afraid of the government, I'm getting a gun because I'm probably on a list that the Red Hats will be checking twice.

while i think your fear is exaggerated, I support your right to buy a gun for whatever reason you deem appropriate :)

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I own guns because shooting paper is fun and owns and I'm getting a ccw because of redcaps.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I remain in support of rifles while thinking handguns are dumb.

I would like to get a rifle

Also an explosives launcher of some sort, but I think those are probably illegal thanks to the damned nanny state.

edit: actually i would probably be fine with renting an item in the second category. I just want to feel the raw power of being able to straight blow something up at a distance

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Feb 6, 2017

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

ScrubLeague posted:

You should get one because target shooting is really fun and relaxing when you slow down and focus on your technique.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Bushiz posted:

I own guns because shooting paper is fun and owns and I'm getting a ccw because of redcaps.

red that second part as "I'm getting a cow because of redcaps." lol

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Raskolnikov38 posted:

anyhow weed cards expire after a year so if i want to buy a gun i'll wait until mine expires, buy the gun, and then re-up

Congratulations on committing a federal felony, I guess.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

OWLS! posted:

from everything I'm reading that part of the 1968 act only applies during the purchase

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Lol at the chucklefucks telling people to go to a gun show. I mean yeah it can be a decent "jumping in the deep end" type of introduction if you're completely unfamiliar with firearms in general but for the vast majority it's an overpriced shitshow. The ones around me are all 20 bucks at the door to see someone selling $2k+ D.eagles and crappy fudd'ed up milsurp rifles. You can occasionally find a good deal on more mainstream options like AR-15's or standard bolt-action hunting rifles, but for the most part I don't recommend it over internet resources.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dolash posted:

Guns are, in fact, Still Bad, it's just a sign of the times that things are getting bad enough that they might actually become as necessary as lunatic gun nuts always claimed they'd be. Driven in no small part by those same gun nuts indulging in violent fantasies and being exploited by a proto-fascistic political party until they got their dream yam President, in fact.

A society that's regressed to the point where people really might need guns is a lovely society. There's going to be plenty more "psh, now liberals like guns!" but if smug by-your-logic-ing mattered we wouldn't be in this situation so who cares.

The mistake in your thinking is that we're "regressing" to a society that needs guns. The only thing that's changed is *who* needs them.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Lol at the chucklefucks telling people to go to a gun show. I mean yeah it can be a decent "jumping in the deep end" type of introduction if you're completely unfamiliar with firearms in general but for the vast majority it's an overpriced shitshow. The ones around me are all 20 bucks at the door to see someone selling $2k+ D.eagles and crappy fudd'ed up milsurp rifles. You can occasionally find a good deal on more mainstream options like AR-15's or standard bolt-action hunting rifles, but for the most part I don't recommend it over internet resources.

they are paying extra to avoid paperwork and background checks that would otherwise prevent them from buying a firearm. because they are probably unfit to buy one in the first place lol.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's always good deals at gun shows but you gotta roll in with a guide who knows how poo poo works and can deal with a convention hall full of used car salesmen in confederate flag realtree hats.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I suggest potential new firearms owners in this thread look into Kel-Tec and Hipoint firearms, competitively priced entry level guns.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

RedneckwithGuns posted:

as the resident checklefuck ii object ot be ing bcalled a chuckelfuck

thers are ae loads of differnt guns at gun show ss from like el cheapo russian surplus to cuck guns like tricked out ar-15s

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Just buy something with a lot of upvotes on /r/gundeals

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

If only it was a few years ago when mosins were still dirt cheap, then you could just use the tried and true decision making method:

Have you literally never shot a firearm before in your life? Buy a cheap mosin still coated in cosmoline and a box of rounds to have fun with.

Do you have literally any experience with handling and using a firearm but want one of your own now? Just buy a cheap $500 no-frills AR-15 and a case of ammo.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Have you literally never shot a firearm before in your life? Buy a cheap mosin still coated in cosmoline and a box of rounds to have fun with.

which one tho

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

GlyphGryph posted:

which one tho

7.62x54mm :v:

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Mosins are such bad guns, though. Yeah, I get it, they're storied Nazi killers. But they're insanely heavy, loud, and kick like a bull.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I just want a cheap .22 rifle that I can turn into a tactilol sniper

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A mosin is an excellent gun if you're living in a mud hole in the woods and are going insane from exposure but not for anything else really.

Except obrezes. Everyone needs a tiny flamethrower.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
does any1 kno where i can get heavi-shot 2 protect my puckins

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Nevvy Z posted:

"Tango down" I whisper to myself as the last birdseed stealing som'bitch squirrel takes one to the brainpan

Bushiz posted:

A mosin is an excellent gun if you're living in a mud hole in the woods and are going insane from exposure but not for anything else really.

Except obrezes. Everyone needs a tiny flamethrower.

This, but honestly the thing I've always found helpful about mosins as intro guns is they're big enough to not be mistaken for a toy like maybe a .22 might be, but the action is complex enough that no one's going to get out of hand and do something stupid with it other than shoulder it wrong.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

Mossberg 715t is your choice for the mall ninja on a budget.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

OWLS! posted:

stfu

buy guns any drat way we please

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

VikingSkull posted:

I suggest potential new firearms owners in this thread look into Kel-Tec and Hipoint firearms, competitively priced entry level guns.

You are a monster.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

OWLS! posted:

NERD

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
every 👏 goon 👏 should 👏 own 👏 an 👏 s 👏 k 👏 s 👏

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Been looking at guns all day, it looks like mosins can be had for a lower cost up front and would be way more satisfying but are more expensive to fire and a .22 rifle would be the cheapest way to actually practice shooting even though i would be looking at twice the price up front.

That about right?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

GlyphGryph posted:

Been looking at guns all day, it looks like mosins can be had for a lower cost up front and would be way more satisfying but are more expensive to fire and a .22 rifle would be the cheapest way to actually practice shooting even though i would be looking at twice the price up front.

That about right?

you also have to consider how much AP an attack will cost you using each rifle, while the mosin can do higher limb damage the .22 is a lot less expensive in both an aimed attack and burst fire, which makes it a lot easier to recover from a bad roll

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Al! posted:

you also have to consider how much AP an attack will cost you using each rifle, while the mosin can do higher limb damage the .22 is a lot less expensive in both an aimed attack and burst fire, which makes it a lot easier to recover from a bad roll

The 22 rifles all have a ton of unlockable upgrades as you skill up while the mosin is wysyiwyg, so combined with the lower cost per shot and the increased rate of skill gain I think I will go with one of those.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
whats a good gun for shooting at a range and also being "useful" in some sort of fantasy castle defense scenario oh and also i live in california

thanks, in advance

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Ruger American Rimfires are fun as poo poo and if you're not too hot on a .22 you can get them in 17HMR, which is somehow even more fun than 22lr.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hmm apparently i was wrong and possession of weed and a gun still falls afoul of the 1968 act but only for guns manufactured outside of california

please tell me at least one gun company has a factory here

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

whats a good gun for shooting at a range and also being "useful" in some sort of fantasy castle defense scenario oh and also i live in california

thanks, in advance
marlin 1894 lever action, if you're not used to guns i suggest the .38 special or .357 magnum model

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hmm apparently i was wrong and possession of weed and a gun still falls afoul of the 1968 act but only for guns manufactured outside of california

please tell me at least one gun company has a factory here
kahr arms? some m1 garands would also be eligible but good luck finding one of those for less than 1.5k these days

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Dolash posted:

Here's a question for those of you in the States who've been moving in the direction of "leftists and minorities should be armed for their protection", the Clinton and Obama administrations both had a whole lot of militia activity whose whole rhetoric and style was built around preparing for some kind of upcoming civil war or calamity, but were for the most part left alone. Can other groups reasonably hope to adopt that style of rhetoric without immediately becoming labeled as terrorists?

Ask the original Black Panthers!

(Terrorist designations seem inevitable for any heavily-armed leftist group, yes. And I'd expect such designations to have considerably more consequences than those applied to militia groups - partially because the left, being predominantly urban, is easier to reach, and partially because the State is always better armed against threats from the left than the right.)

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GlyphGryph posted:

That about right?

Mosins run on an increasingly rare cartridge, not that it's rare, but not everywhere will have it for sale the same way 9 and 5.56 are. Also they've been creeping up in price and a mosin that you could expect to go out and shoot immediately is going to cost 300+ dollars.

Mossberg makes the 702 plinkster which won't take you to the Olympics but it does cost $120 new and ammo is literally ten times cheaper than it is for the mosin.

The idea of dirt cheap mosins is a holdover meme when you could literally buy them by the crate for about 50 bucks a pop. Nowadays if you want a proper rifle to learn on you should probably just get a cheap AR platform.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a perm gun thread in cspam is good but could use a catchier title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The anarchists that got death squadded by pinochet adopted the slogan of "Political Consciousness! And Rifles!" and I really like that it could work as a thread title.

• Locked thread