Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Lol at the chucklefucks telling people to go to a gun show. I mean yeah it can be a decent "jumping in the deep end" type of introduction if you're completely unfamiliar with firearms in general but for the vast majority it's an overpriced shitshow. The ones around me are all 20 bucks at the door to see someone selling $2k+ D.eagles and crappy fudd'ed up milsurp rifles. You can occasionally find a good deal on more mainstream options like AR-15's or standard bolt-action hunting rifles, but for the most part I don't recommend it over internet resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

If only it was a few years ago when mosins were still dirt cheap, then you could just use the tried and true decision making method:

Have you literally never shot a firearm before in your life? Buy a cheap mosin still coated in cosmoline and a box of rounds to have fun with.

Do you have literally any experience with handling and using a firearm but want one of your own now? Just buy a cheap $500 no-frills AR-15 and a case of ammo.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

GlyphGryph posted:

which one tho

7.62x54mm :v:

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Nevvy Z posted:

I just want a cheap .22 rifle that I can turn into a tactilol sniper

"Tango down" I whisper to myself as the last birdseed stealing som'bitch squirrel takes one to the brainpan

Bushiz posted:

A mosin is an excellent gun if you're living in a mud hole in the woods and are going insane from exposure but not for anything else really.

Except obrezes. Everyone needs a tiny flamethrower.

This, but honestly the thing I've always found helpful about mosins as intro guns is they're big enough to not be mistaken for a toy like maybe a .22 might be, but the action is complex enough that no one's going to get out of hand and do something stupid with it other than shoulder it wrong.

• Locked thread