Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I have been wanting to take up shooting for a while. It seems like an expensive hobby though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I remain in support of rifles while thinking handguns are dumb.

I would like to get a rifle

Also an explosives launcher of some sort, but I think those are probably illegal thanks to the damned nanny state.

edit: actually i would probably be fine with renting an item in the second category. I just want to feel the raw power of being able to straight blow something up at a distance

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Feb 6, 2017

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Have you literally never shot a firearm before in your life? Buy a cheap mosin still coated in cosmoline and a box of rounds to have fun with.

which one tho

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Been looking at guns all day, it looks like mosins can be had for a lower cost up front and would be way more satisfying but are more expensive to fire and a .22 rifle would be the cheapest way to actually practice shooting even though i would be looking at twice the price up front.

That about right?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Al! posted:

you also have to consider how much AP an attack will cost you using each rifle, while the mosin can do higher limb damage the .22 is a lot less expensive in both an aimed attack and burst fire, which makes it a lot easier to recover from a bad roll

The 22 rifles all have a ton of unlockable upgrades as you skill up while the mosin is wysyiwyg, so combined with the lower cost per shot and the increased rate of skill gain I think I will go with one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Seems like my first step is paying $200 to convince the fair state of MAssachussets I should be allowed to shoot things

Then find a place to shoot

Then, maybe, buy a gun

• Locked thread