Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

which at least had "the frame store?? you monster!" in it. Hell, there's a thread, "the one funny part in a lovely post-season-9 Simpsons episode"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Montague Tigg posted:

I really really hate Lenny's voice now. It used to be funny and cartoonish but now he just sounds like a regular guy with a slightly higher voice.

I'm like 99% sure this is a video call voice session

Listen to the low quality compared to Carl's voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFCLt41eBi0

Also it's like a full minute of zero comedy or anything that could be considered humorous

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh god what the hell. I don't know what that is but it's not the Simpsons

It's like if someone did a joke re-animation of some other unrelated skit but with Simpsons characters overlaid on top

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

I'm like 99% sure this is a video call voice session

Listen to the low quality compared to Carl's voice

Also it's like a full minute of zero comedy or anything that could be considered humorous

The audio quality might be part of the joke since it's a bad podcast, but I thought it was already public that most of the VAs filmed in home studios.

There are some parts that sound like they could be jokes, but there's nothing funny about them.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

But then why the hell does Carl's VO sound so much higher quality lmao

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

The joke is in the bottom centre of that thumbnail. Maker’s Moe. That’s comedy.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Phlegmish posted:

That goon was doing God's work, or at least the dirty job that no one else was willing to do. It was interesting to read. He hasn't posted in a while, I assume it finally caught up with him and he is now committed to a mental asylum.

Lol I like new episodes used to be can’t miss events especially the treehouse eps (and they delivered, dammit) & it was fun to read exhaustive recaps on SNPP. Now no one is recapping despite the door being wide open, and millions of viewers. Although I guess even the WCW still had millions of viewers at the end.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
it sounds like lenny if he had his mouth stuffed with cotton balls

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Data Graham posted:

It's like if someone did a joke re-animation of some other unrelated skit but with Simpsons characters overlaid on top

The Rick & Morty trial reading, but the transcript is some struggling Youtube drama channel.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Data Graham posted:

Isn't that just a meme?

A funny joke + funny punchlike MY BETTER PUNCHLINE

credburn fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 22, 2024

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

But then why the hell does Carl's VO sound so much higher quality lmao

Carl's VA is relatively new, isn't he? Makes sense that he'd still be putting in effort.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tenebrais posted:

Carl's VA is relatively new, isn't he? Makes sense that he'd still be putting in effort.

Yeah they recast the minority characters. Carl's now voiced by the guy who played the blind guy in Becker.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jake!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah they recast the minority characters. Carl's now voiced by the guy who played the blind guy in Becker.

Isn't he also the principal in American Dad?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They should recast everyone else while they're at it

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
They should make a new show while they're at it. With blackjack. And hookers!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Every single thing about that podcast clip was just dreadfully depressing. It makes even that hot dog song clip which is apparently 5 years old seem to have life.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Isn't he also the principal in American Dad?

That's Kevin Michael Richardson, who voices Dr Hibbert.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Toxic Mental posted:

Moe goes from having nostrils to not having nostrils to having nostrils again, that was kind of funny I guess

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Moe goes from having nostrils to not having nostrils to having nostrils again, that was kind of funny I guess

Oh "Nostrils"? Well la-di-da Mister Frenchman.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You can tell it's vaguely trying to be funny and topical, but there is just no humor in it whatsoever.

e: sorry my monitor was turned off, but the clip still sucks

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Oh ho ho you see the aztecs did not eat peanuts in great amounts, but instead corn, and they had to use a process of nixtamalization to make the nutrients more bioavailable, notably, niacin. Ah, but Moe, cavalier about foodstuffs that he is, has conflated even that with common cinnamon, as you would put upon french toast. Chortle chortle.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

If they said the Simpsons were ending would you watch the finale?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The finale of the simpsons should just be a repeat of the behind the laughs episode

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Honestly probably not, it's a finale to a different show

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I wouldn't not watch it on principle and if someone said "hey lets watch the simpsons finale" I'd be like ok.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I'd read about it.

If people raved about it I'd check it out.

If it wasn't anything special, who knows.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Despite the fact that for the last literally twenty years I've watched maybe thirty new episodes, and probably like three tops from the last five years, yeah I would watch it. But it would be more like watching a childhood friend finally be at peace after a long battle with a terminal illness.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
When my sister and I used to watch the simpsons during the good years, we would cook up theories about why, in the opening titles, the family were in such a rush to get home to cram onto the couch to watch the TV. I had this notion that that would be a good ending for the series ("when they decide to end it, which must be soon - it's not like it'll keep going to series 20 or whatever" - BalloonFish, aged 11, 1998) to end with the intro sequence - in the last season up to the end Homer loses his position as safety inspector and goes back to the 'shopfloor' (so he's wrestling with the glowing carbon rod), Lisa starts biking too/from school etc. etc. And then there's some big TV moment or event or reveal that all the Simpsons have to be home to see. They all pile onto the sofa, but instead of the fanfare it just ends.

Single-digit-season-number Simpsons could probably do something cool and funny with that idea. I wouldn't trust current Simpsons to.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The blackout line is a joke. It's delivered in the absolute worst way possible, but it's still a joke!

0/10

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I already watched the finale of The Simpsons. It was The Simpsons Movie.

It wasn’t very good.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

It would probably be after everybody was talking about it, if it was some kind of big huge thing as a big celabratory party to cap off the series that people were talking about.

And probably also it'd have to be an actual ending, and not just some weird pivot where they were making a spinoff show.

BalloonFish posted:

When my sister and I used to watch the simpsons during the good years, we would cook up theories about why, in the opening titles, the family were in such a rush to get home to cram onto the couch to watch the TV.

It was representive of what they wanted you the viewer to be doing for it, much like how that was the point of the same original opening for The Flintstones, although there was also a broader point where the show was heavily reliant on viewers being familiar with other TV, because a lot of the humor was a commentary on the rest of television at the time.

And of course, that entire TV ecosystem that The Simpsons was making jokes about in the 90s has been long dead. It was mostly dead ever since cable went mainstream and people were less likely to be familiar with the same small pool of things, and The Simpsons has been especially abysmal about the rise of steaming (which is as much the writers being old and out of touch as it is that audiences won't have the same baseline familiarity with everything). And that is reflected in the new opening being more about the town of Springfield as a whole and couch gags getting increasingly esoteric.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah to make sure it's dead

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
the cowards wont do a sopranos style cut to black after a couch gag, so why bother

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Last episode should be a clip show.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

BalloonFish posted:

When my sister and I used to watch the simpsons during the good years, we would cook up theories about why, in the opening titles, the family were in such a rush to get home to cram onto the couch to watch the TV. I had this notion that that would be a good ending for the series ("when they decide to end it, which must be soon - it's not like it'll keep going to series 20 or whatever" - BalloonFish, aged 11, 1998) to end with the intro sequence - in the last season up to the end Homer loses his position as safety inspector and goes back to the 'shopfloor' (so he's wrestling with the glowing carbon rod), Lisa starts biking too/from school etc. etc. And then there's some big TV moment or event or reveal that all the Simpsons have to be home to see. They all pile onto the sofa, but instead of the fanfare it just ends.

Single-digit-season-number Simpsons could probably do something cool and funny with that idea. I wouldn't trust current Simpsons to.

This may actually be the best possible way to end the show (other than ending it 25 years ago). Make an entire episode that recreates the opening sequence. Cram in as much fanservice and goodbye nods as possible as each family member makes their way home. Make the reason they're trying to watch TV together something bittersweet.

Something like this acknowledges that it's a final episode and it's over without trying to do something drastic, which it definitely should not.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It'll probably be an episode about AI or some bullshit with lots of guest stars

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bring John Swartzwelder out of retirement for one last job

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just buy him an entire 60s diner and a pallet of smokes, that's probably pocket change to compared to what they budget for executive meet and greets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

shyduck posted:

Yeah to make sure it's dead

:hmmyes: