Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

shyduck posted:

Yeah to make sure it's dead

... Shoot it again, Sam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how many hours(days? weeks?) is all Simpsons episodes?

some dumb people do entire series go through in the lead up for the end of stuff or a new entry.

the dumbest version of this is people trying to 100% pokemon or zelda games with new mainline entries announced

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

PhazonLink posted:

how many hours(days? weeks?) is all Simpsons episodes?

762 22 minute episodes, for 16,764 minutes or 279.4 hours, or 11 and 2/3rds days. straight. without sleep.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Craig K posted:

762 22 minute episodes, for 16,764 minutes or 279.4 hours, or 11 and 2/3rds days. straight. without sleep.

I think I'm blind.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I think I'm blind.

The goggles....

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Craig K posted:

This is especially cursed because you'd be comparatively lucid through the good seasons, then after the third day you start to enter the hell just as your sleep-bereft hallucinations begin.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If the Simpsons ends on a tuesday, it will be rebooted on the wednesday.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
apparently the longest a human could stay awake is about 12 days.

so a never sleep marathon is technically human possible.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

apparently the longest a human could stay awake is about 12 days.

so a never sleep marathon is technically human possible.

Without drugs or having a nurological condtion. With Morvans syndrome, or Fatal Familial Insomnia you can go far longer!

er, you really don't want to have either of those.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

If they said the Simpsons were ending would you watch the finale?

They actually had a series finale in the can, and then aired it for some reason. I dunno I guess they got lazy and didn't want to write a Christmas episode that year.

"Holidays of Future Passed", season 23 (lol 12 loving years ago).

It was OK

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Profanity posted:

This is especially cursed because you'd be comparatively lucid through the good seasons, then after the third day you start to enter the hell just as your sleep-bereft hallucinations begin.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
If it had ended after season 8, it would have been remembered as a perfect TV show.

If it had ended after season... 12-ish? It would have been remembered as one of the best comedies of all time that faltered in its final years (like The Office).

If it had ended after the movie, it wouldn't have completely overstayed its welcome and could have gone out with a spectacle (though I maintain that the movie is pretty bad... but the general public seems to think the movie is decent?)

Instead, we got... well, you know.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Season 9 isn't all hits but "Simpson Tide" and a few others are too good to cut the season entirely.

"Spin-off Showcase" would have made a good finale.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The last episode should rapidly degrade into crayon drawings until Springfield has achieved instrumentality

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I'm rewatching it all again and honestly there's a point around season 6 where it stops being as genuine and starts becoming self referential and whacky...... maybe the good season never existed..... Xanadu....

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Strategic Tea posted:

The last episode should rapidly degrade into crayon drawings until Springfield has achieved instrumentality

Makes me think of the Don Hertzfeldt couch "gag"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Instead, we got... well, you know.

Bart's dick

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

"Spin-off Showcase" would have made a good finale.

Considering that it followed "Homer's Enemy“ it could have been the perfect 1-2 punch to end the series.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

So apparently, the show killed off one of Moe's barflies, Larry. This guy:

I only know of this from my phone's newsfeed with the clickbait title, "SIMPSONS KILLS OFF BELOVED CHARACTER AFTER 35 YEARS!" and I'm like, "...Who? ...Oh yeah, that guy."

I didn't even know he had a name. Larry Dalrymple. The other barfly with the hat and vest is named Sam. I had to look this info up. Calling him a "beloved character" is a stretch lol.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You're reading it wrong, it was just a character from the beloved Simpsons

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They should kill off a character every episode. The final episode will just be Kearney

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yep, they should just keep killing off characters until none are left. Last episode plays and even in the intro there's no charcters. It'll keep cutting to new scenes and angles, like there's a show playing but no one in it. The only sound, the occasional music cue. Then after 22 minutes it just ends.

Think how much money they could save on animation and vo work!!!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Then the song started playing backwards and the colors went inside out and then the screen was filled with hyperrealistic blood and a sonic homer skull!!!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If you said Larry Dalrymple, you are wrong. He was never beloved.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sentient Data posted:

Then the song started playing backwards and the colors went inside out and then the screen was filled with hyperrealistic blood and a sonic homer skull!!!

some of the writers should be young enough to know about the dead bart creepypasta, nonzero chance that's the last episode

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Das Boo posted:

... Shoot it again, Sam.

Shoot him again, his soul is still dancing.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the highest point of the simpsons

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You Are A Werewolf posted:

So apparently, the show killed off one of Moe's barflies, Larry. This guy:

I only know of this from my phone's newsfeed with the clickbait title, "SIMPSONS KILLS OFF BELOVED CHARACTER AFTER 35 YEARS!" and I'm like, "...Who? ...Oh yeah, that guy."

I didn't even know he had a name. Larry Dalrymple. The other barfly with the hat and vest is named Sam. I had to look this info up. Calling him a "beloved character" is a stretch lol.

If you said 'Larry Dalrymple' you were wrong, he was never popular

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Boringstein/status/1783283265777873128

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is no one safe from the pernicious nib of the writer's pen?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

The dog could be like four different characters.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is no one safe from the pernicious nib of the writer's pen?

Charlie and Willie Wonka barely got away from those guys

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

shyduck posted:

They should kill off a character every episode. The final episode will just be Kearney

Is Kearney's son the second to last to be killed off? Sounds pretty grim.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Have they resurrected Mrs. Flanders?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
She was at Bible Camp learning to be more judgemental.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They held a seance for her once.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Have they resurrected Mrs. Flanders?

Nope. Mrs. Krabapple has also remained dead. Krabapple was also married to Ned Flanders at the time, so Ned's clearly a wife murderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Nope. Mrs. Krabapple has also remained dead. Krabapple was also married to Ned Flanders at the time, so Ned's clearly a wife murderer.

They killed Mrs. Krabapple??? How? Why? When?