Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

credburn posted:

Myth is still one of the few RTSs where terrain matters.

Not only terrain, but wind and weather played a great role too! I remember in one of the missions where you are fighting in the mountains, theres snow and wind making the molotov throwing dwarves, who up to that point is your most valued unit, almost useless. The wind would make the molotvos inaccurate, and the snow would extinguish them upon landing. But if you threw enough of them into the path of an approaching enemy horde, you could gamble and hope a direct hit on one of the enemies would make the molotov explode and start a chain reaction with all the extinguished ones already on the ground. Be careful though some of them might fly towards your ranks... You really had to work with what you got in that game and I have not seen any other game do anything like it since. Anyways, sorry for off topic, but when i see Myth mentioned i just have to chime in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU