Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Wait are they still making new episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

happyhippy posted:

Retconning how Homer met Marge.

Elf Jockeys.

Tony loving Blair

Going from believable dysfunctional family to holy poo poo we better copy Family Guy, more zanyness!

Visiting other countries and being lazy racist stereotype versions.

Being loving poo poo after running out of family situations.

Characters breaking from their characters, doing horrible things.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

The Moon Monster posted:

This another one that sticks out in my mind as one of the all time worsts. Prominent guest stars appearing as themselves are a common theme.

It's still pretty Andy-Griffith compared to anything by Macfarlane and his imitators.

Like Brian giving Stevie herpes, an incurable STD, on purpose, via "blood brothers". :psyduck:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

khwarezm posted:

This is real.

gently caress you.

I could just ramble inchoherently and it could well be a Simpsons plot.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I haven’t watched a modern Simpsons in maybe ten years or so and I just saw the “Dancing Gay Horse” clip and it was so awful.

It’s like there’s so many different wrong things it becomes a incomprehensible Gordian Knot of bad.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Calaveron posted:

Yeah they’d make the characters all springy and flexible to give them more character or do subtle things with them like draw their eyes ever so slightly bigger to make them look naive/vacant or with bigger mouths for comedic effect
Now it’s all stiff poser models with no character or creativity

Yeah and the thing is it’s really hard to explain unless you’re really into animation or an animator it just “doesn’t feel like a cartoon”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Now do Classical Gas
https://youtu.be/An7qkSXmVH4