Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

super sweet best pal posted:

I figured out why the Mary Poppins parody always felt off to me, like a season 10 episode transplanted to season 8. Al Jean wrote it.
I like this joke that opens the episode, but it also overexplains the bit and then peters out, working as a kind of harbinger for jokes in later seasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryOmqxJcK5w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The meme thread linked a post way back on page 27 and reminded me I liked the jockeys episode. Mostly for the horse. I mean drat, that horse has an arc. A bit like Stampy.
yeah, I like saddlesore galactica more than most sensible people, the furious d montage was a bit that always made me smile

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

PostNouveau posted:

There is a non-golden years episode where Homer gets kicked out of the house and goes to live in the gay district of town and it's just an episode-long series of Odd Couple jokes about fastidious gays vs. slovenly straights. They tried to get Harvey Fierstein back to voice Karl (Homer's secretary from the early episode where he gets a miracle hair growth cure and gets promoted) again for it and he read the script and was like "No this is trash I won't let you mess with the Karl character to do this."

Random guest actors are more protective of Simpsons characters than Al Jean is.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

man gently caress you youtube algorithm

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Mr Interweb posted:

Hedgehog Pie Touched upon a big one but for me it seemed like a much darker episode then Simpsons was ever really used to. Bart's been a bratty kid but he seemed uncharacteristically mean as well. and to see him not only just get hurt but like repeatedly get hurt in some pretty serious ways that weren't done for comedic purposes just didn't really sit right with me
summer of 4 ft 2 had bart be a relentless jerk (with a point) for 99% of the runtime with the last 1% completely redeeming his part in the story, ending up with one of the most satisfying episodes. the babysitting ep has marge/homer pass the buck onto lisa, which triggers bart's jerk response and then incapacitates him, leaving lisa to have all the poo poo fall on her at the climax, only for the conclusion to have everything to reset to the status quo. it's not not funny, but I was also left with a bad taste in my mouth