Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Failed Imagineer posted:

That Be Nine Rewind sounds like a reference to Source Code and Edge of Tomorrow, but I'm probably not gonna watch it to find out

Sounds to me more specifically like Russian Doll, recent Netflix series. Here's that show's premise as described by Wikipedia.

"Russian Doll follows a woman named Nadia on her journey as the guest of honor at a seemingly inescapable party one night in New York City. She dies repeatedly, always restarting at the same moment at the party, as she tries to figure out what is happening to her. She meets a man who is experiencing exactly the same thing in a different event."

It's also about a lady at her birthday party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

You Are A Elf posted:

TBH, although it was my second favorite WB show, Animaniacs had some real stinker segments in it, too. The Hip Hippos? Boring as poo poo. Rita and Runt? A singing cat and Rain Man dog because…? Buttons and Mindy? Yawn.

For the why for Rita, it's because they had Bernadette Peters to do the voice for her. So having a Broadway singer, they made her sing knockoffs of musicals. I assume that's like 90% of the reason those segments existed.

Also someone mentioned the Plucky Duck show earlier, I am pretty sure that was indeed a full spinoff, not just a few episodes.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Is Marge looking at a bunch of... NFTs

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Data Graham posted:

Bart's math train nightmare with Martin was hella cool and I thought "wow this new show has got it going on"

e: in 1989 the best TV animation any of us had seen was like, Christmas specials from the 70s. Well, and the Disney Afternoon

This is blatant A Pup Named Scooby Doo erasure and I won't stand for it

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
To be fair the Mario movie from last year had a big Mario Kart segment in it

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Holy cow, the guy with Simpsons opinions did it on The Simpsons Dsy??? What is this universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

man Ned has some really high ceilings there, huh