Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

family guy crossover was the nadir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

'El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer' and 'Bart Gets An Elephant' are the two peaks of the series IMO. I could watch either episode once a week for the rest of my life and still enjoy them.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I don't think I'd call Family Guy's animation particularly lazy, they do go to pretty extreme lengths when they do their action sequences. When it's just two people talking, yeah, there's not a lot going on, but it's no worse than any other show. The highs are higher. I hate the show, but it's animation isn't that bad.

Weirdly Archer has probably 1/6 the budget per episode (A Family Guy episode costs $2m) but looks so much better. The creators definitely know how to work around their limits, and at least early on, it looks slicker and slicker by the episode. Once they get the hang of their tools and limitations the show starts to look pretty good. It feels like they actually bother to storyboard that show, and it helps.

The Simpsons currently looks like they took the original busted-looking but charming Klasky Csupo poo poo the first few seasons was on, and then squished it into the same software that Family Guy uses.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

there's more animation in that 5 minutes than a season of the more recent stuff.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I miss how 'bouncy' everything used to be. Look at marge's hair in that comparison. It windmills around like it's another entity. The modern version just looks like a stiff hat.