Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I know it kind of sounds innocuous, but the thing that bugs me is every episode of modern simpsons now has a musical montage. It's pure filler with a couple of unfunny sight gags and it's seriously in every episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Rutibex posted:

thats not new, they have done that since season 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtBMQ59xmv0&t=190s

I phrased that wrong, I meant a montage set to a popular song. It obviously happened in earlier seasons, like Ringo Starr in the episode where Marge paints Burns and at least that made some sense. The ones now feel like they're thrown in without any relevance to what's happening in the episode

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Data Graham posted:

I grew up in California with pretty laid-back parents. When I was 14, we had a family vacation to the East Coast where for whatever reason they sent me and my younger brother ahead to stay with our super-religious aunt and uncle and their huge family in Ohio for a few days before we all caravanned out to the East in their RV to meet up with my folks.

We were in the well-established family habit by that point of watching the Simpsons, so when it came on that week as usual we suggested watching it, and of course the relatives would have none of such blasphemy in their house. I decided to plead its merits and explain how the controversial stuff was overblown and it really wasn't bad at all and especially wasn't objectionable on religious grounds. Finally they relented and we all sat down to watch it together:

"Homer the Heretic" :hmbol:

Why wasn't Flanders at church in that episode?

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

AHH F/UGH posted:

Also, does anyone know where these two scenes might be from?

considering buying one of them but can't place which episode's they from for verifying the authenticity

I know I've seen these, the first I think might be Kamp Krusty? I think the line while it happens is "you little scamp".

Second is Bart scooching up to the TV for what I think is something itchy and scratchy related, maybe the movie news or the episode where the killing is reversed when the college nerds come to stay.