Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Das Boo posted:

:cool:: *Draws a penis on the book* "lol and now u r gay!"

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

egon_beeblebrox posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonshine_River

Guest star: Ken Burns, Zooey Deschanel, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Anne Hathaway, Maurice LaMarche, Don Pardo, Natalie Portman, Kevin Michael Richardson, Al Roker and Sarah Silverman

Is that the most guest stars in one episode?

just for "fun" I looked into what episode had natalie portman..

quote:

At Springfield Elementary, Principal Skinner asks Groundskeeper Willie to get the fire extinguisher, but all of them have been stolen by Bart to propel his wagon. As Bart rockets around town, the foam released from the extinguishers puts out the wildfire. Bart is cheered as a hero by everyone and rewarded with a driver's license by Mayor Quimby.

Bart starts using Homer's car for his own pleasure, but is eventually tabbed for family errands (mostly chauffeuring Homer). Bart flees to North Haverbrook, where he meets a 15-year-old girl named Darcy, who believes Bart is much older. They begin a romantic relationship and Darcy soon proposes marriage. At the court house, Bart reveals his age, whereupon Darcy reveals that she is pregnant, much to Bart's depression. Darcy admits that Bart is not the father - the real father is a Norwegian exchange student, and she wants to get married because her parents would be upset with her unwed pregnancy. Bart agrees to marry Darcy, and they drive to Utah, where marriage restrictions are looser. Eventually, Homer, Marge and Darcy's parents catch up with them to stop the wedding, where Darcy's father reasons with Bart as he believes that Bart took advantage of a girl much older than him and got her pregnant. Darcy confesses to her parents that Bart is not the father. Darcy's mother is pregnant too, and the family agrees to pass the two babies off as twins. Darcy and Bart end their relationship, while Bart assures her they will meet again, to which she agrees. Later, Bart admits to Homer that he looked forward to being a father.
that was in 2007. it's been a bad show for so long

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

That voting sketch is so starkly different when compared to this clip, which is still goofy but I remember it fondly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKzesTq0Wo

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

How does it keep up with the news like that?!

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Khanstant posted:

What's this kind of comedy called and how come nobody is making them today

A Leslie Nielson comedy, and because he's dead and Scary Movie made money.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I'll just go through his wikipedia and check out all of his comedies.

some are the best some kinda suck tbh and there is no objective way to select. Mr Magoo was loved by many but I didn't see it more than once. I really love Spy Hard but a lot of people rate it as one of the worst ones. The Naked Gun trilogy is great though and should be watched, just to see how it evolves over time. also if you haven't seen Hot Shots or Hot shots: part deux, you should check them out. Lastly, Loaded Weapon is a great B-comedy

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I don't think I saw any of those. Maybe Naked Gun when I was a kid, does he get mad about buying hotdogs in that?

Mozi posted:

he shoots a guy in a meat processing facility who falls into a vat of goop and later on in the movie someone is eating a hot dog and there's a finger in it

Also there is a scene where he's dating the lady (Jane maybe?) and they are squirting condiments on eachother at a hotdog stand. Those last 3 movies I mentioned are no Nielson movies, the hot shots are Charlie sheen and loaded weapon is emilio estevez/samuel jackson, but i consider them similar in style. Also now that I'm thinking of it Kelsie Grammer in Down Parascope is another great 90s comedy. Stripes is also good for an Army comedy with Bill Murray.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

gross

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

yeah some of those maxtone-graham eps are bad but i actually like the nyc and garbage man episodes.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

new york episode is good but trash of the titans is garbage

Is it the one where homer runs for office as waste commissioner? Maybe i only saw it once and have fond memories, whereas ive seen the nyc one multiple times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Lowtax posted:

There are horrible parallels between The Simpsons and shmorky. They both, at one point in time, had a TON of talent and potential, but then one day they suddenly lost it all and became some vile, revolting affront to all mankind. Then they pooped and peed in their diapers. Well not that part, but you know.

Looking forward to the 2017 Simpsons/Klurfs crossover episode!!