Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What a downer of a thread... I will echo the sentiment that very few people in the world actually know what the lowest point is because that would require watching all of the newer episodes.

The last new one I actually watched was some kind of murder mystery thing, some old lady gets killed while they are eating dinner. It was real real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

I just remembered the Baha Men did a song called "Who Let Her Jugs Out?" for the episode where Marge gets breast implants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOzTqkLdGvw

What the gently caress is wrong with this world

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

quote:

Lisa’s cat, Snowball II, was hit by a car in the Season 15 episode, “I, D’oh-Bot” (2004). Lisa gets two cats to replace it, Snowball III and Snowball IV, both of which promptly die. Her next replacement, Snowball V, doesn’t die and she renames it Snowball II so that she doesn’t have to buy the cat a new bowl and to save herself from thinking about her cat’s death. After Lisa vows to act like the whole thing never happened, Principal Skinner walks by and asks, “That’s really a cheat, isn’t it?” Lisa responds, “I guess you’re right, Principal Tamzarian,” causing Skinner to call the cat “Snowball II” and walk away.

That is some cringey poo poo

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yeah, the Simpsons is definitely in the "Tyson Zone" - where there is no way to distinguish actual episodes from weird poo poo that people just made up.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

S13E04.

BURNS: "Remember, there's no muscle stronger than the human heart."

HOMER: "What about the weiner? I saw a guy on tv lift a can of paint with his."

That made me chuckle but I'm betting it was the only good thing in the following episode:

quote:

Homer becomes a fortune cookie writer for a Chinatown restaurant. Mr. Burns reads one of Homer's fortunes, which says that the reader will find love before Flag Day is over. Burns goes searching for love and meets Gloria, a meter maid, and asks her out. Gloria reluctantly agrees, and Burns recruits Homer to help him look young and hip to his new girlfriend.

Guest star: Julia Louis-Dreyfus and George Takei.[18]

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

No it was the worst part I watched that episode's first run and that was the moment I knew the show was as dead as God and my childhood innocence

Hmmm, it seems like a classic Homer thing to say, although I'm sure the phrasing would have had to be different in earlier seasons.

Who's to say I suppose

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Lowtax posted:

I love it when comedies telegraph and spell out the joke for me, that way I don't have to do stupid poo poo like "think" to understand the humor! Hehe, he's "flaming" because that's a word used to describe flamboyant homosexuals! Humor is funny!

Goddammit lowtax, pitchers and catchers start reporting tomorrow, can we get a Cheslor Cuthbert av or what??

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Aging Millenial posted:

3. The Skinner/Chalmers skit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLww3KpLEoo

THIS is what we want from The Simpsons.

Looking back, this one seems a lot like the Arrested Development type of humor that would come almost a decade later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I specifically remember the morning after Das Bus aired, everyone in science class was talking about how funny it was. So at least back then, in a typical suburban school, it was thought highly of.