Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

I can't decide if it's better or worse that I understand Spanish 100%.

The_Franz posted:

Season 8 is where you can really see the decline in quality speeding up though.

I stopped buying DVDs once I got to 7 because 5/6/7 were best (though there are some good ones from 8/9 like Grimey and NYC).

Wizard Master posted:

Actual screenshot from the Family Guy crossover episode

Ninja edit: what in the gently caress :suicide:

Real edit, Wasn't there some fake news ticker on Family Guy where Quagmire rapes Marge?

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Why isn't Putin riding in on a bear? This is like, excessively lazy. Russia=bear, not horse.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

TwoStepBoog posted:

I don't see why Marge v. Monorail is constantly ranked as the best Simpsons episode. Sure, it's good, but I don't think it's the best.
I'd give that honor to Last Exit to Springfield.
But, good for Conan for only writing 3 episodes and having one of them be the consistently-ranked best.

I forgot what this episode was so I googled it and now it's going to be stuck in my head for days.

Luckily I know two other languages so it's like a merry-go-round of it!

Здоровые зубы! Лизе нужны пластинки.

Plan dental! Lisa necesita frenos.

Someone give me the Japanese version now so I can have another one in my rotation (I understand 日本語 but no write good).

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

get that OUT of my face posted:

the episode where the kids were abandoned on the island

"it tastes like... burning"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Nonviolent J posted:

I do wonder if it's the nostalgia goggles and if we saw the early seasons now would we hate them

Nah, I started watching from the beginning a few years ago, 1-2 were kind of 'we're testing this out', 3-7 were amazing, 8/9 had good ones, and I couldn't watch past 10. I watched a few episodes past that here and there and they were all garbage. I also remember that, as a kid, I stopping watching them around mid-season 8 because it started to be super boring/crappy.

Also,

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I called my big cat Bitey.

For real.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

TheIllestVillain posted:

i rewatch it every few years and notice new things all the time, jokes especially

like i was watching the episode where mr burns sells the plant the other day and found a new "smithers is gay joke" i totally missed the first few times i watched it

https://youtu.be/q7jOzQC3XOw?t=35

The new ones from this are awful. Before it was kind of but not 100% sure that he was gay, it was more of a *wink*wink* thing, if that makes any sense. The new ones were literally "I'm flaming! *burns stares into the camera* and Bart saying "I thought you were..." "not if I use this 10 times a day! *Smithers injects himself with something* "I love boobies!"

They're also missing the scene where Smithers turns on his computer and the startup window is naked burns saying "hello.smithers. You.are.quite.good.at.turning.me.on" "uh...you probably should ignore that"

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YzSHIYxdRs

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 13, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

HAHAHa I only recently learned who Ayn Rand was (from these forums, no less), that's hilarious that that's in the episode. Now I must rewatch it. Ooh and it has Jon Lovitz in it! (Season 4, episode 2 if you're curious)

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 13, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Even the old DVDs had good humor.

I'm sad that DVDs/the packaging break (the DVD holder things lose the glue and fall off) off so eventually you'll never be able to see the originals (I heard they re-animated them or some poo poo, like the iTunes where they only sold the ~new~ versions of Star Trek w/o an important episode.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I decided to watch season 6, it was awesome until I got to the Lisa episode with Bleeding Gums Murphy. The worst part was Lisa singing, I stopped watching about 30 seconds into the song.

Fact: every Lisa episode is terrible.