Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
well I'm gonna be honest with you mister I need a full grown african elephant and I need it today. Buuut I'm afraid this just isn't what I'm looking for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

"Jurrasic parkour": Bart gets into trouble when he is caught doing parkour over chief wiggums car in the krustyburger parking lot. The judge sentences him to coach a track team of underprivileged street kids who hoodwink Bart into teaching them parkour for nefarious purposes (known as "hardkour" ). Homer is jealous of Bart's cool new gang member friends, so he tries to get caught and sentenced in the same fashion but instead breaks his rear end and ends up in a YouTube fail compilation

Guest starring The Weekend as the lead street kid

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I can’t imagine the amount of bootleg steamed hams merch there must be by now.

Ye gods! My shirts are ruined!

But what if... I was to buy bootleg Chinese merchandise and disguise it as my officially licensed brand

Heh heh heh, cunningly capitalistic Seymour

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

I thought Apu was handled extremely well during the golden years. He had negative attributes but they had nothing to do with his race or background, and in fact, any time that aspect of his character was brought up it was always in a positive way.

It started sliding real bad from the arranged marriage episode though and I can see how it would get offensive.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

If you seriously think apu is an example of a racist stereotype I don't even know what to say

Indian: the most oppressed minority. Just ask the Bangladeshi people!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Is it because he owns a convenience store? I don't get it, is that a negative trait?

He's consistently shown to be a hard worker with a lot of success

The fact that he price gouges is because he owns a loving 711 and that's how they operate, it's got nothing to do with his ethnicity

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

If doing an accent can be considered racist now I guess yeah then its racist as hell

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

edit; gently caress it back to to more interesting and less political convo

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

There is a point where the show clearly stops giving a gently caress about the characters they had created. Most say it's the principal and the pauper episode, they might be right but I remember thinking when I originally watched it it was the episode where Bart takes ritalin

I just remember it feeling way out of character for everyone and it had a really mean tone to it.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

I remember thinking the grimes episode was really funny as a kid but it was also very hard to watch because Grimey (as he liked to be called) was very transparently the good character of that episode and he gets relentlessly poo poo on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Cosmik Debris posted:

Early simpsons guests were often there apropos of nothing and weren't plugging anything in particular - they were just random celebrities from various eras and levels of fame. A lot of names that resonated with nerds, but also the occasional movie star. Sometimes they'd come in and have a line, and be gone, other times they'd be part of the story.

Later simpsons guests were big names you'd see doing the late night circuit, and they were either literally in the show for no other reason than they're the flavor of the minute, or they'd be *really* shoehorned into the story, typically in the form of "Lisa meets X artist" and the story would *always* suffer because of it

Despite being a huge beatles fan, Paul McCartney was the first major guest star I remember just being totally shoehorned into a show for a few seconds gag just because they could. Contrast that with Ringo Starr, who was part of the story, and George Harrison, who made two very brief cameos to deliver good jokes in an episode that was otherwise *entirely* about the beatles and they could have just had them be guest stars but they weren't (likely for cost reasons).

And while not about guest stars, it reminds me, there's the episode where Ned Flanders is revealed to be a huge beatles fan. I haven't seen that episode in a really long time, but I don't think they ever mentioned that facet of his character ever again.

the george harrison bit was so loving good

what a nice fella