Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You Are A Werewolf posted:

The absolutely stupidest cringiest episode title is "E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt).” Yes, we all know what it really means, but it’s just a butt poo poo title.

Doesn’t help that the episode is also butt poo poo terrible.

I thought I read at some point that this was literally the result of someone doing a global search-replace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Empires have fallen on smaller schisms

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Someone gonna say the introduction of Apu's children is closer to the moon landing than to us

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Am uh... am I hallucinating or didn't the Simpsons do a gag of Robocop bringing his robo-baby to work at the police precinct?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

According to my calculations, monorail episode is bad simpsons

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

We had an angry mob featuring all the heretofore introduced townspeople in The Telltale Head! It's comedy gold!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Where they gonna get them from? Harvard? Where all the woke snowflakes are?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Said someone not in the South.

Drive through any medium sized town and every third building is a church I swear to gently caress

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

fwiw I used to use "Jesus Christ" as an expletive online around ~2000 a lot, and when someone said "hey stop doing that" it was a girl from the Netherlands

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bart's math train nightmare with Martin was hella cool and I thought "wow this new show has got it going on"

e: in 1989 the best TV animation any of us had seen was like, Christmas specials from the 70s. Well, and the Disney Afternoon

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 9, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It wasn't faux dive, it was just a dive. :lofty:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*frantically googles looking for mention of Kennedy* Aha

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

you broke my grill posted:

on the DVD they said their names were Barfly#1 and Barfly#2 but that was 20 years ago so by now I'm sure they both have their own episodes telling their names and backstories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSJfpMUqKDc

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I enjoyed that joke in its "We've checked up and down these docks. From Pier 1 to that Pier 1 by Pier 17" guise but iterating on it does not make it better.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fill it with nothing but oreGAHno

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about characters who are created as a nod/homage to an existing character from some other work, and then kindasorta take on a life of their own to the point where the link to what they were parodying disappears into obscurity and everyone thinks the Simpsons a) invented him and then b) ran him into the ground. Like I can only assume it's only a matter of time before they turn the "YeeeEEEEEEESSS? guy" into a character with a whole backstory and multiple episodes dedicated to him

to say nothing of Bumblebee Man et al

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Which season was the "Disco Stu ... was talking to YOU" one

seriously what the gently caress even

e: oh yeah it was supposed to be a "lol ancient Greeks" thing I guess. Still

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Man, remember when the show used to reference other media by inserting it flawlessly into a scene without holding your hand and telling you, the viewer, what the reference was? They were so drat good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XJXI-cnpzY

That clip literally says all the character names and that it’s Mario Kart out loud :ughh:

I lol'd so many times watching this

Including right at the very end when they cut off right before they could have done one more obvious one, Streetcar :lol:

(also funny how they went back to the same well multiple times, like with Godfather and the Graduate, and getting a different gag out of it each time)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Like ffs just watch that other video with all the movie parodies to see how it’s supposed to be done

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Internet, eh?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

God that Juggernaut line was just the worst though. Completely the wrong context and delivery, just no understanding of why it was funny as a meme. Ended up just being a mean slur out of nowhere.

"Here writer guy, put this line in, don't ask any questions k bye"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dammit that's Jess Harnell isn't it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lmao Marge's French VA sounds insane

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's as may be, but purely as an anecdotal pointillist dot, I remember seeing that episode brand-new and thinking for the first time, "you know, I think I'll probably be okay going to college in a house that doesn't have any TVs and I won't be able to catch the Simpsons weekly anymore".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean the previous time they had been in a babysitting situation Lisa just wanted to watch Happy Little Elves.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

2000 was kind of a cultural wasteland compared to 1969.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol I thought I was in a Mandala effect situation

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Finally I had enough extended AND expanded memory to run Wing Commander!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh god what the hell. I don't know what that is but it's not the Simpsons

It's like if someone did a joke re-animation of some other unrelated skit but with Simpsons characters overlaid on top

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If you said Larry Dalrymple, you are wrong. He was never beloved.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is no one safe from the pernicious nib of the writer's pen?

Charlie and Willie Wonka barely got away from those guys

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Did she? It's been a while but I always thought that courtship was very unidirectional and Patty spent the whole episode trying to fend him off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/status/1788932640365564047

Just saw it. It was bad but it was only 4 minutes long

My god that's a depressing drawing

It's like a gamemaster anthony piece of fan-art except literally Disney made it

everybody all :dumb: