Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Has any show gotten more than 10 seasons and not gotten worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Lol
Imagine having parents that are such bitches that they're offended by TV and imagine actually respecting them after that and not purposely watching things they don't approve of to prove your dominance over them.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Also it's more of an impression of this brownface Peter Sellers character than an actual attempt at any sort of Indian accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFKJuzrCGj4

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bill Oakley hasn't written for the Simpsons in 25 years so him being cool and good is no surprise

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't hate the Mytharc conspiracy theory stuff as much as most but the Monster of the Week episodes were far far superior as MoW is the supreme format for a TV show.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Any show that runs for 30+ years is going to run out of ideas and crawl up it's own rear end sooner or later as OG writers drop out and new writers, who are probably fans of the show, take their place.

It's just that Simpsons used to be the one of the best shows on television so that drop in quality is more noticeable then if it would've happened to say Cheers or Perfect Strangers.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The existence of baseball makes American complaints about soccer being boring less convincing.

I mean yeah it is duller than dishwater and a lot of time nothing happens but the main purpose (like with baseball) is sitting around drinking beer and (unlike with baseball) doing a bit of rioting when you win and/or lose.

Anything is fun with enough alcohol and violence. If chess had hooligans it would be a lot more interesting.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

When was the first flashback to Homer and Marge as a young couple?

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 22, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Having a kid at 24 after dating for 6+ years in 1980 is like having a kid at 37 after dating for 10 years is today.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hope the final episode of Rick and Morty is just the original ball licking short presented with no context.

The penultimate episode should end on a massive cliffhanger that never gets addressed.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I haven't seen Duckman for more than 20 years but as I recall it ruled.

I am probably wrong and I'm not sure I should revisit it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I liked it when the child denied ownership of a cow to his elders

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Grimes episode is funny because tragedy is funny.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

At worst he'd declare bankruptcy after his accountants shuffled everything around enough for bankruptcy to be a pure formality and carry on like nothing happened.

it's not like it's his money he'd be losing

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

A mate just posted this:

Random Simpsons thought:
We learn in one episode that Homer has an extra protective layer around his brain which suits him well in his decision to embark on a boxing career until he faces the world champion, Dredrick Tatum.

Yet in another episode when Uncie Herb comes to visit he punches Homer in the face when he answers the door and drops him with a single punch. Something even Tatum couldn’t do. I’ve come to the conclusion that Herb is hard as gently caress.

Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I mean Australia is right next to Indonesia.

Can't blame people for mixing them up.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Disco Stu just got exposed by MeToo

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bit late to parody Fargo.

When Fargo came out the Simpsons was good.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mantis42 posted:

It's that sitcom-y thing where the audience grows to love the characters so the writers start to write the characters as best friends in-universe, even though that doesn't make sense.

Yeah

I'm not a huge fan of the UK office but that show understood that David Brent was a horrible person. The American had that for like one season before pivoting to make their Brent/Scott more of a awkward but loveable doofus. Like they were worried that having an unlike character front and center would confuse the audience.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

You guys are aware that he was likely offered 6 figures per episode even before negotiations, right? MiStReAtMeNt my shiny metal rear end.

Good for him.

A man's gotta eat.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If you're over thirty you're basically no longer human.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

90's Grunge Homer Simpson:
Rake me
Rake me, my friend
Rake me
Rake me again

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Noe Jokean

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

ASL is more closely related to French sign language than to British sign language ergo deaf Americans are basically French.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I haven't payed any attention to the Simpsons for almost 20 years and it's for the Best

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The former is the real Series Finale.

Anything after that is at best serviceable.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Homers enemy wasn't macabre enough.

PostNouveau posted:

I wasn't allowed to stay up late enough to watch The Simpsons, but I distinctly remember walking into the living room right at this moment and all three of us dying laughing instead of me getting sent right back to bed.

Simpsons was on about 19:30 on Friday over here.

I.e. several hours before any imaginable bedtime. How late was it shown where you were at.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

99,99999% of The Simpsons predicting the future is just them commenting on current events but nothing has changed so it comes off as predicting the future not just commenting on poo poo that doesn't change because our society is stagnant and dying.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Do I look like I know what a nopeg is?!?!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Das Boo posted:

Post 10 minute mark. I need to get pics of him watching cartoons because he's extremely consistent about it.

Quality cat.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I haven't watched Simpsons regularly for 15 years and it feels like anything since then is a strange dream.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

What are good cartoons still airing? Bob’s burgers is a joyless slog, lower decks is ok but a bit excessive on substituting references for jokes, Beavis and Butthead’s return was excellent no complaints there but that season is done.

Bluey is good. A bit toddler centric but the parents are actually really well characterized and they slip in a ton of jokes the target audience has no chance of getting.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Smiling Friends is top 5 animated shows last 30 years

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Carl's Icelandic upbringing is first mentioned in season 14 when he remarks that a bright night reminds him of his Icelandic boyhood.

A decent throwaway joke.

The Iceland episode itself is ok I guess.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Goon, also called enforcer, is a position in hockey.

See also:
The 2011 Canadian sports comedy The Goon (2011, d.p. Bobby Shore) starring Sean William Scott (American Pie, Dudes Where's My Car, Evolution) as the titular goon.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Simpsons didn't become fully bad until the turn from 4:3 into HD wide-screen.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Simpsons in it's prime was genuinely one of the best shows to ever be on television.

Which makes its continued decades long death slog towards obscurity even more tragic.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Is Mister X the one where Homer ends up in The Prisoner and everyone keeps getting gassed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

super sweet best pal posted:

They kept it running that long?

The kid was like 40 in the last season