Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

oh hey, another episode about nu lisa being a basic bougie bitch

"smart people listen to NPR right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If I had to pick a definitive end of Classic Simpsons to be memorialized in the TV canon (while having everything else dumped down the memory hole), I'd place it at "Behind the Laughter".

Yes, that means you'd have to include Season 11, which has some real stinkers.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

See, while I'd save entire episodes from S11, the only things I'd save from S12 are:

- Yvan Eht Nioj / the subliminal vs superliminal joke
- "Linguo... dead?!" "Linguo IS dead."
- The Christmas That Almost Wasn't But Then Was
- Homer constantly calling the wrong area code and getting pissed off

Not even the surrounding episodes just those gags.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I've noticed Nu Simpsons uses Sideshow Mel whenever they need to have a random Springfielder. Sideshow Mel loving sucks.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I like it when the baby does things.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Planet of the Apes bit works because its so short and absurd. Musical episodes of TV shows are worst than clip shows.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I didn't hear Rock Me Amadeus until a couple of months ago and I was like "Ohhh!"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'm 27. Still 6 years younger than that song.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Bible posted:

So... Marge and Homer have now canonically murdered people?

It's from a Halloween episode. No, I don't know how a Mr. and Mrs. Smith parody counts as a Halloween story.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They appeared in the Family Guy crossover.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The New MST3K is good. Maybe not peak Mike years good, but still pretty good.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

This is the latest scene in the series that I'll ever quote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLzC3nPhUEM

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The joke about swimming to Oakland over San Fran makes me chuckle tbh.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

former President Bush :colbert:

Well...

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

All the new "Simpsons go to..." episodes (there are two a seasons), like the celebrity themed episodes, are devoid of satire. Instead of the clever riffing of Homer vs New York, you're basically just looking Al Jean's vacation photos. The Simpsons go to Boston, Lisa falls in love with it because it's bougie af (really? Boston?) and the family decides to permanently move there, until they don't. The Simpsons go to Denmark and the same plot happens.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They gave the lead diversity kitty a Star of David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKAjGHcJbLM

Has this finally spread to new forums? Everyone mocked vahe when he coined it...

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Lisa sucks.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

way to go lisa, you ruined barts chance to win at gaming with your fake gay religion

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its MASH because its Korea.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

SirPablo posted:

Season ten was complete trash.

Max Power tho

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's funnier if he's uptight.

New episode said "gifed" as "jiffed". No thanks.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

the girl prankster group is called bossy riot

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Marge becomes worried after Bart is inspired to do pranks by MyTube star Boogie Pie. After she takes away his electronic devices he plots a revolt with his fellow screen blocked kids. Meanwhile, Lisa nags Homer about something, who cares.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Homer gets a job driving for hUber. Bart convinces Milhouse to eat a Mide Pod and he dies. Guest starring Howie Mandel for some reason.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Disco Stu's cousin, EDM Stu

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Hi goons please buy my illegally made Simpsons merchandise https://etsy.me/2IsCZl8

Is this candy?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Homer first said "D'oh!" in season 15, surprisingly enough. Does that count?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That was his teacher.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Season 8 is not only Classic Simpsons, its the best drat season of the show. That's Hank Scorpio territory.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't want The Simpsons to be realistic.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hits too close to home, eh Goons?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

quote:

In "Flaming Moe", Bumblebee Man is indicated to be a member of the Furry fandom (a fanbase for anthropomorphic animals), and is shown holding a sign saying "Furries Fur Moe".

Wait, huh, that's a classic episode, isn't it? I don't remember this...

quote:

This article is about the Season 22 episode.
For the Season 3 episode with a similar name, see Flaming Moe's.

Why would you do this?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cubone posted:

I watched disenchantment, against the advisement of this thread, because I wanted to know what I was masturbating to
it was on the lower side of ok. whoever said it finds its footing at episode 8 but it's not really worth it was right. the good parts made me wish it were better than it is

but it made me notice something about late-Groening that, once I started noticing, I couldn't stop noticing, but I don't quite know how to articulate it

to illustrate, I rewrote a scene from Anchorman in the new-simpsons' house style
please observe:

I really wish I had a short, pithy way to describe and ridicule this tendency.
it's like they start out knowing they need a joke, but they don't know how to get there, so they just have the characters say or do things that make absolutely no sense for them or the situation except to set-up and payoff a gag, and the end result is, instead of a joke, even a bad one, it's just this sort of joke-shaped object that doesn't even make enough sense to register as not funny, and then the show just sort of moves on

anyway, I also started watching bojack horseman. I'm probably going to continue watching bojack horseman, it's about as good as people say

You're missing the obligatory eyeroll and groan by the straight man character, to further indicate the joke.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

So, in the last couple of seasons, I there has been a Denmark episode, a New Orleans episode and now a Canada episode that are all rear end-kissing travelogues. Is Al Jean getting kickbacks from tourism boards?

Don't forgot the Boston and Iceland episodes.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Plan Z posted:

I watch the old episodes on Youtube, and it's more like these people find most throwaway jokes hilarious or enjoy a joke without really knowing what it's going for. Like you'll see people who think Krusty's "Me so solly" bit is just funny on its own, or "'If I ever stop loving cartoon violence, kill me,' AHAHA lol the best line in the whole show!!!!"

Baby boomers are a different species.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They should greenlight that guy's Dr. Hibbert spinoff idea. Can't be any worst than, well, you know.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

im glad they put in the real breaking bad at the end, so you got the reference

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

In a couple of years Homer will be a millennial, so that will be fun.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Tbh even the guest animated coach gags feel like lovely parodies most of the time. Like the Del Toro one. "Uh, what if the pale monster from Pan's Labyrinth was actually Mr. Burns? How wacky!"

It makes me wonder how much control they actually had. The most successful imo were the EZ Rider one and Hertzfeldt's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The latter.