Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

It was the time Homer tripped on MDMA with Lena Dunham to a Spacemen 3 song.

e: Here's the clip because a sentence like that really needs context to be believed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjVdLSPE7qo

death by computer fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Was there a subplot about Bart, Lisa and some pebbles?

No, but Marge shacked up with Dunham's character's father.

get that OUT of my face posted:

that episode ended up being a dream

The classic cop-out. It's hard to say which was worse, that slow reveal and the constant undermining of it before the ultimate non-joke ending or... everything else.

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

Dear Lord did this show go off the rails.

quote:

Bart flees to North Haverbrook, where he meets a 15-year-old girl named Darcy, who believes Bart is much older. They begin a romantic relationship and Darcy soon proposes marriage. At the court house, Bart reveals his age, whereupon Darcy reveals that she is pregnant, much to Bart's depression. Darcy admits that Bart is not the father - the real father is a Norwegian exchange student, and she wants to get married because her parents would be upset with her unwed pregnancy. Bart agrees to marry Darcy, and they drive to Utah, where marriage restrictions are looser. Eventually, Homer, Marge and Darcy's parents catch up with them to stop the wedding, where Darcy's father reasons with Bart as he believes that Bart took advantage of a girl much older than him and got her pregnant. Darcy confesses to her parents that Bart is not the father. Darcy's mother is pregnant too, and the family agrees to pass the two babies off as twins. Darcy and Bart end their relationship, while Bart assures her they will meet again, to which she agrees. Later, Bart admits to Homer that he looked forward to being a father.

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

Anyone remember the episode where Moe falls in love with a midget and tries to shorten himself with surgery so they can be together?

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

Comedy Central also made Futurama terrible. Like really, really bad. Only the straight-to-DVD movies were much worse, and CC loves to play those split up as single episodes a metric poo poo-ton.

The exact point where I started questioning if bringing Futurama back was necessarily a good thing was the Susan Boyle Boil episode. And the moment I knew for a fact that it wasn't was the loving kid's show episode ("I MUST GET MY HANDS ON THOSE HEALTHY PURPLEBERRIES!").

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

The original run of Futurama can easily go toe-to-toe with anything The Simpsons did in the late '90s (not the early 90s, though, that poo poo is untouchable).

The movies are bizarre - specifically the fact that they made four of them. One was enough, hell, one a year I could understand, if not every other year. But four in such rapid succession? They seemed rushed and got into overkill territory surprisingly quickly.

The Comedy Central seasons, I'll admit, had their moments, but I honestly would've preferred that the show stay buried because almost all of their worst and most cringeworthy episodes come from then and I honestly feel that their addition tarnished the show's legacy quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

the episode with fry's dog

Remember how they went back to that in the movies and totally upfucked all the emotional resonance out of it