Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

The only thing I can respect about that clip is that someone working on that episode were familiar with the old Tsarist anthem and used it at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Wicker Man posted:

I really do need more Leslie Nielsen in my life. The bits I caught of The Naked Gun really do seem up my alley.

Just watch it.

Also, anybody else think top secret is funnier than airplane? Just watched the two back to back (watched them many times before) and I have to say that's where i land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOrxqdHmSLA

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Captain Lavender posted:

I would rather watch 5 clumsily-handled Family Guy episodes about domestic abuse than one new Simpsons episode.

With everything to hate about South Park, at least it still has a lot of redeeming qualities after 20 years - at least some attempt at making an entertaining show; I don't know if I could appreciate that if I didn't have the Simpsons to compare it to.

I don't regularly watch it anymore but South Park still produces the occasional pretty funny episode, sometimes really funny ones. I don't know exactly why, but I guess maybe the (much) shorter time spent on each episode and the fact that the writing team and such is much smaller might work in its favor to sometimes produce something that's pretty funny, especially when its an episode with the kdis just being kids, or Randy doing something really stupid.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Every musical episode is cringe-inducingly bad. It's embarrassing to get caught watching them.

Except the "Evita" one.

Oh, yeah. Last point about South Park still sometimes being good, every time there's a song it's fantastic. This is also part of why the South Park movie knocks the Simpsons movie out of the ballpark, because it's an amazing musical (it's also fantastically gay, but that's just another point in its favor).

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 17, 2017

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Lisa is the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

54 40 or gently caress posted:

IIRC the whole point of the episode is to address people whining about the lack of continuity in the shows universe so the whole thing is meant to be tongue in cheek.

Also, I tried watching an episode with commentary (Homer Goes to College) and remembered why I don't really care for it because it's boring. However, one part Homer is all wall-eyed and Matt Groening mentioned how he's biting his tongue and one of the other guys mentioned how much he disliked when that happened since it was an inconsistency from the Korean animators. That took my by surprise because those were always what made the show so endearing

I remember quite a lot of the Futurama commentary tracks being quite good. I think one of them had Billy West and John DiMaggio doing duelling professors, also Billy West doing an entire commentary as Zoidberg and in the Spanish Fry constantly talking about how this was the episode about Fry's "Woohoo".