Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, that one is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Large oof at how that "I work at an elementary school" line aged.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Sampsons

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Sempsons

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Let's do Doug next.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Two more season so far

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Meh, not great. Still more life than the usual poo poo. We can dig down more, stupid.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, I saw the one where Lisa dreams of eating meat because of a viral infection and Krusty's kid stops her using a popular tiktok dance.

I'm pretty sure I made that up but same goes for the above post.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It's unsatisfying answers all day. I can't think of a joke that I've written. Me and these other people are literally unemployable in any reasonable capacity.

loving spot on, bud.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

SlothfulCobra posted:

This is the worst bit of The Simpsons to me, and how bad it is goes deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QEHvs7BLDg

Now let's compare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfDt9LQQ7q0

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I vaguely remember one where they were all fish or something and gave up.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

IUG posted:

The Susan Boil thing.

Gender Bender or the one where Bender and Amy gently caress.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ghost Leviathan posted:

One of those things where the joke being a bad comedy routine just ends up being... a bad comedy routine. Especially since it feels like herpes jokes are pretty quaint by modern standards? It feels like he shoulda been going somewhere with that.

Sorry about your herpes

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I love the decision to go with not one, but two impossibly annoying main characters.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The Killary episode is gonna slay yas queen.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Annabel Pee posted:

I've been rewatching the whole show as a background show while working, and up to S16 though the last few seasons haven't been great the have still been watchable, Pranksta Rap is absolutely the first episode this is hard to watch with cringyness.

Excellent post date combo.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good writeup. I can see the lifeless, sterile animation.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Remeber Inception? Remember Terminator 2?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

What killede me was seasons like 13-15 where every episode had at least 2 lengthy songs that were independent of what little plot remained. Just filling time and hoping the writers would get some residuals or whatever.

They were bad before that, but the constant terrible musical numbers just made everything so loving lame.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Halisnacks posted:

Are we for or against writers getting more residuals? I say if that’s what gets them paid, so be it.

It's good that writers get paid. The constant barrage of terrible, terrible songs made the show worse.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

"tonight I'm going to suck!" :drac: :crossarms:

"your blood!" :drac:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Just spin the wheel on season like 4-7 and you can't go wrong.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

She's also super mean to Marge and Homer in the first pregnancy flashback episode episode.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

My money was always on Alberta.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Toxic Mental posted:

That was better than the last 15 years of the show combined. Some of those voices are also vastly better than what we have now, Krusty/Homer especially.

Closer to 25 years, but yeah. Holy makrel that animation has life.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I expect your letter of resignation on my desk. You have a desk? I mean the hood of my car.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hasturtium posted:

I gave up on The Simpsons not long after the Skinner-wasn’t-Skinner-all-along episode, because I was a senior in high school and I had skirt to chase other things to do. And my life has grown from there - college, career, marriage, kids, master’s degree, and enjoying adulthood - but The Simpsons still exists as a means to keep the merchandising alive. It’s surreal and gross, knowing less than a third of the show’s output is reliably any loving good yet they’ll keep making it as long as the money flows.

Master's degree? Hey fellas, a "master's degree"! Well, ooh la di da, Mr. French Man.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

PhazonLink posted:

that clip is bullshit, how can a blue shell hit yoshi when 2 other racers passed lisa?

also arent blue shells not even in the item pool for the first lap?

They don't care about the reference or the vehicle for it and they hate the audience (and hopefully themselves)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The blackout line is a joke. It's delivered in the absolute worst way possible, but it's still a joke!

0/10