Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Was there an episode of season 10 that wasnt lovely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
One thing that always impresses me about old Simpsons is how well the movie/tv references were done. Even if you don't get the reference, they're usually funny enough to stand on their own. The scene when Bart tells the guy the stream is shallow and he's yelling at Bart while the car is sinking nearly made me piss myself laughing as a kid. I didn't find out for years that whole scene was a homage to a movie from the sixties.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Data Graham posted:

And the cat burglar character was an homage to a different movie from the sixties :haw:

Holy crap :psyboom:

One thing I also appreciated about the early episodes of Family Guy was how a lot of the old things Peter referenced were shows and movies that a guy his age would have probably enjoyed. It made him seem more like a real person and not just a vehicle for jokes.