Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Hedgehog Pie posted:

What was the earliest episode to have a complete out of nowhere ending? The first one I remember making me go :what: is the computer one with the random parody of The Prisoner at the end. The Prisoner is great, a classic TV series (albeit one with a central mystery that doesn't go anywhere), but it first aired in the late '60s and at the time I had never heard of it, and I don't think there was really any foreshadowing or anything for it.

There were probably similar endings in the golden age, but the only one I can think of is the Friday the 13th reference at the end of Boy Scoutz N The Hood. I would argue that at least that one had context (Ernest Borgnine and the kids ending up at an abandoned summer camp), rather than just being a random parody being stuck on to the end for the sake of it.

Krusty taking all the camp kids to the happiest place on Earth... Tijuana!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Yo Adrian, he did it!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

But but

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

White Light posted:

I like how the original joke for the simpsons doesn't even make sense anymore. They're yellow cause Matt wanted to make it seem like people needed to adjust the color knob on their television set, now it's that way Just Because.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Wonder what would Life in Hell-Groening think about post Disenchantment-Groening.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Was there a point re: Homer's non-existent boner

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Ror posted:

gen Z: yeah sometimes I watch that fox cartoon that's been running since television started, it's ok

me: that means you haven't known the triumphs and defeats, the epic highs and lows of the simpsons

The other day I was chatting with my cousin and said something like "You're part of the generation that communicates via SpongeBob references, while mine speaks in Simpson quotes". He said "That doesn't seem right, didn't The Simpsons start airing in like the 70's?"

And so I crumbled to dust.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If anything kinda lol given as a dumbass baby boomer Homer would have aged into the majority of pop culture still laser-aimed at him specifically.
He's a white male, aged 18 to 49, everyone listens to him no matter how dumb his suggestions are.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Death is where Ralph is a bi king.