Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nutsngum posted:

For everyone who skimmed this "lol, make up a zany simpsons episode plot" post, this is an actual real episode.
:eyepop:
i looked this up because i did not believe you. turns out its 100% true. from the looks of the descriptions every single episode has multiple celebraty guest stars. I assueme that The Simpsons is now just a celebrity vanity project, only watched by guest stars to stroke their own ego

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_(season_24)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's cool that the 'Ad revenue' section is at the forefront of this article and the episodes and stuff are listed beneath it

i assume thats because anyone looking up the simpsons on wikipedia is doing it to figure out why it still exists

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the simpsons had to become what it did, because the writers refused to allow Bart/Lisa/Maggie to grow up. if it was going to continue with good episodes that are semi-grounded in reality they should have made Bart/Lisa teenagers in season 9. only way to get more family situations out of the same cast.

they tried to do this without aging the kids, but its just terrible. how many romantic partners have Bart and Lisa had by now? thats some experienced 10 year old!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Khorne posted:

The one thing south park has done right: aging the kids slightly over the years.

of course, maybe they knew what they were doing. The Flintstones tried this strategy, and the franchise tanked soon after. The SImpsons stayed in a time bubble and has been profitable for decades :shrug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxVFaEGyTo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

screaden posted:

I know it kind of sounds innocuous, but the thing that bugs me is every episode of modern simpsons now has a musical montage. It's pure filler with a couple of unfunny sight gags and it's seriously in every episode.

thats not new, they have done that since season 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtBMQ59xmv0&t=190s

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the simpsons will never end, it has become one of the Golden Immortal Shows. it is in the company of such greats as The Price is Right, Jeopardy, The Young and the Restless, and Survivor

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

General Dog posted:

I don't know, it's not like SNL where people just always remember the years when they first started watching the most fondly. The consensus seems almost universal for where the peak was for the Simpsons, the only debate is how soon and how steep the decline was

the simpsons sucked once all the good writers ditched it for futurama.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Scudworth posted:

I don't think aging the characters would have helped. The fact is that it's incredibly rare for a tv show to go on for over a decade at all, much less go that long and not turn to poo poo. Unfortunately the nature of TV and the rarity of a show being profitable for that long will cause things to drag on and on long after they should have just stopped making them and retained dignity.

Goku grew up :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

And the best thing is it's not even an original song, it's a cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O27fagObxaM

you just blew my mind