Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Imagined posted:

"The Raven" short might be Dan Castellaneta's all time greatest line reading. The animation is also incredible especially if you put it side by side against the poo poo they're putting out today.

"Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Are there any post season 10 eps that would be considered excellent or very good? I rewatched the KOTH ep where Hank works at an organic food store and for a season 12 ep it is fantastic, including the “we ask them politely but firmly to leave” line. Not a contender for all time best but a strong return to form, especially as I let Hulu autoplay the next episode is a Judge bad take where a new school counselor is very liberal and wrong about minorities.

There are a smattering of episodes that are pretty good, but it drops off pretty hard by 14:

S11:
Guess Who's Coming To Criticize Dinner
Little Big Mom
Pygmoelian
Bart To The Future
Behind The Laughter
S12:
The Great Money Caper (the ending is very bad but the rest of it is pretty good)
HOMR
Hungry, Hungry Homer
Trilogy of Error
S13:
Jaws Wired Shut
The Lastest Gun in the West
Tales From The Public Domain
I Am Furious (Yellow)

Edit: Season 23 is a real loving weird one; you've got a couple actually good episodes like The Book Job and A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again and then there's the one about Moe's bar rag and the Lady Gaga episode

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 15, 2022

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
That's Shauna Chalmers, Super-Nintendo Chalmers' daughter; she just used Bart to make Jimbo jealous IIRC and the girl Bart thought he got pregnant was some out of town rando.

Edit: S18E12 "Little Big Girl", the character was named "Darcy" and played by Natalie Portman. The B story is the one where Lisa pretends to be Native American, so just a real crap episode all around

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 6, 2022

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Except Bart is good at hockey I guess?

To be fair, he was established as a star hockey player in Lisa On Ice, even if they haven't referenced it in like 25 years

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

PostNouveau posted:

In the new one, Ned accidentally joins the Mafia, then turns snitch when Lisa points out to him that he's in the Mafia.

It's bad. 3/10

Don't forget the gently caress you directly to the audience when the family laughs for like 5 minutes straight about how they "always thought it would be Homer that would have reached out to the mafia for help" (and it's Marge that says it! :bang:)

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Olewithmilk posted:

Could anyone help me, I'm trying to find the sound effect of when someone in The Simpsons forgets something important or wants to leave without saying so and they leave the scene and off camera you hear 'step, step, step, stepstepstep, car engine starting, car peels out'. I can hear the sound effect in my head but I can't think of specifically when it happens.

Here's the first one I thought of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpB_mVbLZZg&t=36s

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
I'm pretty sure the idea of the Krusty show is based on Rusty Nails, a Portland area tv clown that would have been airing during Matt Groening's childhood

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

FireWorksWell posted:

I thought the Martin gag was actually pretty funny, but I've only seen it as a tweet/screencap and I have to assume it's for the best that way.

I mean, that's pretty much all there is to it, just stretched out over 90 seconds.

I'm pretty sure the only reason everyone freaked out about this is that nobody actually watched the episode at all, because the conceit is that Mr. Robot-style hackers took over the show and are releasing "all the footage they don't want you to see", which are just short vignettes of dumb jokes. It's basically just a bad copy of Interdimensional Cable and obviously not meant to be "in-canon" (for as much as that's worth these days).

Edit: Like, there's so much dumber poo poo in there: https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Lisa_the_Boy_Scout

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 21, 2023

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Das Boo posted:

Rewatching old THoHs and Lisa's voice always stuck out to me in this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5klazFOs4w

"Okegh. :fag:"
I'd love to know the story behind using that take.

This line read from You Only Move Twice has always bothered me because Nancy Cartwright clearly had a cold or something when they were recording:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wguuKpRJRE&t=30s

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Also cut out every celebrity cameo that's just "That's right [Lisa/Bart], it's me." and we could cram them into a tiktok

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Cosmik Debris posted:

right? it's really good. I feel honored. nice work, whoever is repsonsible.

so something I've been thinking about re: simpsons, since that short that was posted and I mentioned that krusty and troy mcclure didn't even seem to know each other in the show:

Other than A Fish Named Selma, and when he auditioned for poochy's voice, did Troy McClure ever have a speaking role as a citizen of springfield? He was almost always protrayed on screen, or as host of an episode.

Just something I've been wondering.

Troy McClure is, unfortunately due to Phil Hartman's untimely death, almost a perfect time capsule of Classic Simpsons (and lionel hutz)

He emceed Krusty's funeral, does that count for both questions?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

PostNouveau posted:

Solid, but a better joke if Marge is in there

I hate that I know this, but if you're talking about the person in red that's actually Maya, a little person once engaged to Moe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Well he's smiling as he winks. The wink and pause are for, like, the audience is "expecting" him to say pounds, but when he says tons they can be like "Ohh, the statue". I always took it as Homer thinking the joke and delivery is more clever than it actually is. And then it backfires on him because someone freaks out.

Huh, I always took it as more of a "never ask a woman her weight" kinda thing, but you might be right