Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The animation of Mr Burns and Smithers in the start of the voting clip is so, so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BceHGzsDVLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I always thought it was kinda funny that Grimes was basically mad at Homer for being a cartoon but then he did this

Lemon
May 22, 2003

PallasAthene posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI2oOgSXKYk

Back when they were able to take Homer in the cartoonish direction without everything falling apart.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Drink-Mix Man posted:

On celebrities, you've got "Tony Randall!" in the Capitol City episode, Adam West, James Woods, Mickey Roarke, Paul and Linda. I mean they're all funny, but still mostly "pointless" in the sense that they just show up for a gag and not in service of the plot.

I suppose the difference would be that they were just around for a brief couple of funny gags, rather than having the majority of an episode revolve around them. And being unfunny.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Capital knockers!

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I've always wondered, in the "Don't Whizz on the Electric Fence" bit from Ren & Stimpy, is that Devil's face and/or voice meant to be someone in particular?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

watch Homer buying an RV again and then try to come back here and tell me Season 1 isn't gold

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

I also just finished up a run of Kong of the Hill.

This is a better idea for 30 minutes of animation than The Simpsons have put out in years.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Why wouldn't we defend a season that contains Bob's RV Roundup?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Homer at the Bat
Lemon of Troy
Brother from Another Series
Lisa the Iconoclast
Marge vs. the Monorail

Honorable mention: Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in 'The Curse of the Flying Hellfish'

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Overall I think it's a good episode but boy do I find the character design, animation and voice performance of Grimes offputting.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

of course it's boating accident what the gently caress is wrong with you people

Lemon
May 22, 2003

really the only confounding part of that scene is how badly-animated the laser beam is

Lemon
May 22, 2003

iamsosmrt posted:

The episode I found most egregious was Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily where the Flanders become foster parents to the Simpson kids due to incredibly lazy writing. There's some good gags to make up for it, but it really comes off as a storyline written around some good gags.

Yeah but some of those gags are are stupendously good, though.

"I'm a big, four-eyed lame-o, and I wear the same stupid sweater every day, and-- The Springfield River!"

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I agree with what that other guy said, Gil was a perfectly fine character in the first episode he appeared in and never needed to come up again

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I'm Homer's missing right cheek

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Also jokes about female vocal fry in podcasts are about 4, 5 years old by now?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Random thought about Season 1, obviously the quality is debatable but I maintain that Homer buying an RV is one of the best scenes in the entire series.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I think the main difference with the McCartney cameo and a lot of the other ones mentioned is that they could deliver their lines with some semblance of comic timing and he was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I feel like I may have said this before but Paul McCartney's "Sure you were, Apu" is one of the worst line readings in television history.