Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Anybody who thinks that the appreciation for seasons 1-10 is just nostalgia really should watch them in order from the beginning. I did this about 2 years ago and enjoyed it a lot but stopped around season 12 because it really, really did turn way worse. Someone said it before but it really is the heart that is gone. The simpsons had real problems that were often packaged in comparatively whacky scenarios, and usually the characters developed somewhat. Today it's more like everyone behaves like their own stereotype, and then apologizes at the end without any sincerety.

Also didn't marge and homer get divorced in some new episode? What happened with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I thought the principal and the pauper as well as grimey were both pretty good episodes and I will never get why they got so much hate. Having a Vietnam veteran who saw messed up poo poo coming getting adopted by an old woman who wants to ignore that her beloved son is dead was a pretty good plot, and something that could have been made into a legit movie on its own.

The ending where they just sent him away again was also a pretty good joke on the whole "everything returns to normal after the episode ends" that a lot of shows did/do.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Simpsons really, really should have aged the people just a bit. New circumstances, new developments, new perspectives. It could have been something more than the flaming tire heap of springfield that it is now.

Can anybody actually point me toward an actual good episode from the last ten years?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

One thing this thread has taught me is that I'm propably the only person who enjoyed the Futurama movies. All of them. Repeatedly.