Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I saw her perform live at an H&M. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

raditts posted:

Once again, presenting Discount Adele.

I like her :shobon:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

raditts posted:

Once again, presenting Discount Adele.
Budget Adele
Dollar Menu Adele

it bothers me and it shouldn't that sketches like this are written to use original music instead of the original. aftermarket media stream licensing shouldn't dictate content. oh well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Adele is probably the dollar menu Adele.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

set design has been getting pretty good

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
That was a loving great episode and I didn't remotely expect it to be. I hope Kristen Stewart isn't blacklisted.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Aliquid posted:

Could be a new shop. It's been the same designer for decades, but I think he's been slowly giving more of the work to his associate.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

She opened for Coldplay and she killed it. Really awesome live.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

After seeing her live, I'm pretty sure Kristen Stewart is autistic.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

pwn
May 27, 2004

Aliquid posted:

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Could be a new shop. It's been the same designer for decades, but I think he's been slowly giving more of the work to his associate.
Good writeup about Eugene Lee from December

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/behind-scenes-saturday-night-live-interview-production-designer-eugene-lee/

When I was searching, I saw Lee had a lot of writeups in Q4 of last year. Did he get a publicist or something?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Bump

CLAIRE!!

And next week--

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If Alec Baldwin doesn't host the entire show as Trump doing sketches then it's a lost opportunity.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
SNL has been good this season, but that Spicer sketch was a whole 'nother level.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

PostNouveau posted:

SNL has been good this season, but that Spicer sketch was a whole 'nother level.

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at SNL before

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at SNL before

It was certainly the funniest thing I can recall since at least the Bush2 presidency. The next few years are going to be gold.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mental Hospitality posted:

It was certainly the funniest thing I can recall since at least the Bush2 presidency. The next few years are going to be gold.

Honestly surprised Trump hasn't thrown a Twitter tantrum over it yet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

It was certainly one of the best skits in recent memory.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So it turns out that Trump HATED the Spicer skit because his press secretary got played by a A GIRL and that means he's weak.

Consequently, this is now happening:
https://twitter.com/Rosie/status/828817401718439939
https://twitter.com/Rosie/status/828820454647427073

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I want this to happen so bad.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The SNL writers/producers would be throwing a goddamn masterpiece in the trash if they miss this opportunity before this weekend.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Think Baldwin's doing the whole show next week as Trump?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

raditts posted:

I want this to happen so bad.

I don't. Baldwin's Trump and McCarthy's Spicer were both hilarious, but I'd prefer they didn't make a habit of bringing in successful actors and comedians (apart from the host, obviously) to play the main roles in sketches. SNL is supposed to be a launchpad for lesser-known comedians, not a victory lap for folks who have already made it. Sure, Amy Poehler could have played Clinton again all through the election season, but instead Kate McKinnon had the opportunity and ran with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was Clinton? I thought it was some weird alternate reality where Ellen was the Democratic candidate.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

pwn posted:

Good writeup about Eugene Lee from December

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/behind-scenes-saturday-night-live-interview-production-designer-eugene-lee/

When I was searching, I saw Lee had a lot of writeups in Q4 of last year. Did he get a publicist or something?

New York designers in general have been getting a lot of attention in the last year. David Korins who did the set for Hamilton has been everywhere on anything that gives a poo poo about design. Weird that article doesn't mention Edward Pierce, though. He's Lee's main associate, and is ready to take over the show pretty soon when Lee retires.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Baronash posted:

I don't. Baldwin's Trump and McCarthy's Spicer were both hilarious, but I'd prefer they didn't make a habit of bringing in successful actors and comedians (apart from the host, obviously) to play the main roles in sketches. SNL is supposed to be a launchpad for lesser-known comedians, not a victory lap for folks who have already made it. Sure, Amy Poehler could have played Clinton again all through the election season, but instead Kate McKinnon had the opportunity and ran with it.

Trump is such a goddamn idiot that it bothers him that Sean Spicer was portrayed by a girl. Not that Sean Spicer was portrayed as a psychopath, but just that it was a girl who did it.

He also hates the poo poo out of Rosie O'Donnell and talks about hating her to this day, despite the fact that she hasn't really done much outside of The View and random cameos for years and years now.

Pissing off this audience of one vastly outweighs all other concerns.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If Trump didn't laugh at the Spicer sketch then that to me is the biggest red flag that he is a legitimate psychopath and bad person because seriously, seriously.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Baronash posted:

Sure, Amy Poehler could have played Clinton again all through the election season, but instead Kate McKinnon had the opportunity and ran with it.

Fair argument but the counterargument is that nobody could have done Sarah Palin as well as Tina Fey could so she just kept coming back through that election season and it was gold.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Baronash posted:

I just want it because nothing could possibly make trump throw a bigger hissy fit than seeing his pimp played by the one woman he hates more than anyone else.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 8, 2017

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/rosie-odonnell-steve-bannon-snl-saturday-night-live-1201984556/

So Variety claims Rosie's people said she's not doing it, but who knows?
I'm super hoping she shows up tonight.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I honestly think they should stick with the grim reaper thing.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I've never been comfortable with the grim reaper angle, because that's the exact image Bannon wishes to project. He was calling himself Darth Vader and poo poo during the transition.

Tonight's Vintage will be Alec Baldwin / Whitney Houston from 1991.

Here's some rehearsals from Houston's 1991 appearance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZQFX-_YVB8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmvk7o-HNzA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O36OfYcTNlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82qxbhIWNI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfzngm3XA8A

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Get the popcorn, this should be epic

EDIT: YESSSSSSSSSS

Kammat fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 12, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It means it's extreme!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

We know she's okay because she's blonde!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Doubling down on Spicy!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The slaughter at Fraggle Rock

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Slaughter at Fraggle Rock

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
There's no way the rest of the show can live up to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha she looks like Gollum

• Locked thread