Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

smoke weed on weekdays imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hell Yeah posted:

smoke weed on weekdays imo

This may just be my opinion but,

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

SpaceClown posted:

dont buy alcohol when you run out

do different drugs

idk, i dont see the appeal in booze tbqh. its like, the shittiest downer you could possibly get your hands on.

without an ounce of data i'd bet a tenner that alcohol consumption on average goes up after marriage in one or both parties

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
If you keep drinking you will eventually wind up in a windowless, fluorescent-lit room with a bunch of burnouts whose only joys are stale coffee in plastic cups and going outside en masses to suck down cigarettes before returning to the sickly green room to talk about how much fun they had when they were self-defeating drunks and how everything sucks now and if you keep going to them eventually you can pick up freshly minted sober tang who'll basically fall in love with whoever offers to sponsor them because they're so emotionally frazzled that any positive attention is mistaken for love and basically who are you to say no to newly sober tang when you remember how hard it was sobering up and your junk doesn't even work properly anymore and you barely even like sex sober but you'll do it anyway if it's a scared twenty two year old who looks thirty because of all the alcohol and cigarettes because what gives you the right to make them feel rejected when all they want is to love you and so you do that for a few years and then you start drinking again and the thought of starting all that nonsense all over again a fifth time just makes you want to kill yourself until one day you do.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

gently caress that poo poo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

In The Bushes posted:

If you keep drinking you will eventually wind up in a windowless, fluorescent-lit room with a bunch of burnouts whose only joys are stale coffee in plastic cups and going outside en masses to suck down cigarettes before returning to the sickly green room to talk about how much fun they had when they were self-defeating drunks and how everything sucks now and if you keep going to them eventually you can pick up freshly minted sober tang who'll basically fall in love with whoever offers to sponsor them because they're so emotionally frazzled that any positive attention is mistaken for love and basically who are you to say no to newly sober tang when you remember how hard it was sobering up and your junk doesn't even work properly anymore and you barely even like sex sober but you'll do it anyway if it's a scared twenty two year old who looks thirty because of all the alcohol and cigarettes because what gives you the right to make them feel rejected when all they want is to love you and so you do that for a few years and then you start drinking again and the thought of starting all that nonsense all over again a fifth time just makes you want to kill yourself until one day you do.

TL;DR

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I like to drink beer & jack off

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Sobriety gives me a migraine. You got anythin for that?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

drinking an innis and gunn right now its delicioous!!!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chlamyllionaire posted:

Weed

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Chlamyllionaire posted:

opiods

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

loving :lol:

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Look if you're gonna be aggressively gay at me then please show me you dab piece and toy collection :bigtran:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chlamyllionaire posted:

Look if you're gonna be aggressively gay at me then please show me you dab piece and toy collection :bigtran:

I'm sorry, all contraband is currently lodged so far up my own rear end, I could not hope to pass it for a fortnight.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
If coffee can't fix it, it's probably alcohol poisoning.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Gonna snork some opiums and smokes sum crystal LSD since I cna't get a drank around here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nonviolent J posted:

How the gently caress do you do it, I'm trying to drink only on the weekend and its loving hard

Anxiety
Microwinky

my strat op is to drink v8 during the week and i put a lot pepper and hot sauce in it for a "spicy" little after work drink for "wind down"

e; i drink the Low Sodium v8 because i want to live forever, OP.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
that and ASMR Kidnapping / Psycho Ex Girlfriend videos on my Google Cardboard while i crank my balls off in the coat closet onto my ex girlfriends high heels i hid when she moved out

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Smythe posted:

that and ASMR Kidnapping / Psycho Ex Girlfriend videos on my Google Cardboard while i crank my balls off in the coat closet onto my ex girlfriends high heels i hid when she moved out

Hot tip!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I posted this in some other thread but last year I was thinking maybe I was drinking too much so I went three months with no alcohol/tobacco/weed and it did absolutely nothing. I didn't sleep better, I didn't lose weight, I didn't feel happier. Sobriety is bullshit is what I'm saying.

We are poor stupid apes who accidentally gained consciousness and alcohol, etc. helps us deal with that horrible burden.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
sobriety. not even once.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cocaine & booze

:discourse:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Chinatown posted:

cocaine & booze

:discourse:

Alcohol is a depressant and cocaine is a stimulant
So if you do both it evens out & you're balanced

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I just like the feeling of relaxation and being carefree for a few hours

Weed doesn't work like that for me

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes I listen to moby and take a few goofballs what of it

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006

Piss de Bundy posted:

sometimes I listen to moby and take a few goofballs what of it

your av always reminds me of a particularly non-sober time in which i binged that pretty ok show. TY

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Getting diagnosed with H Pylori and gastritis by my doc and he strongly implied it was due to alcohol consumption was an eye opener. Rational recovery worked well for me for a few months, but 100% abstinence for the rest of my life just doesn't fit my world view, you know?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Chinatown posted:

reality is soul crushing and the only answer is burbon and coors banquet

This poo poo is extremely my jam. Except the coors part.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Smythe posted:

my strat op is to drink v8 during the week and i put a lot pepper and hot sauce in it for a "spicy" little after work drink for "wind down"

e; i drink the Low Sodium v8 because i want to live forever, OP.

That's gonna give you something worse than alcoholism..., indigestion.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Nonviolent J posted:

I just like the feeling of relaxation and being carefree for a few hours

Weed doesn't work like that for me

HAve you tried MXE? I don't know if it's legal in AU, but it's legal here and I recommend it for occasional relaxation.(not regular use or you'll get a tolerance + beef up ur organs maybe, idk why risk it.)

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

various cheeses posted:

Play video games instead or lift weights

Maybe meet a nice girl and get married

Just gonna throw this out there. Video games are way better drunk. It's the only way to play.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Guildenstern Mother posted:

This poo poo is extremely my jam. Except the coors part.

i'll allow it

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Why be sober here, at the end of all things?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it's easy once you learn to love yourself

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Zorodius posted:

it's easy once you learn to love yourself

*nods approvingly into mirror*

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nonviolent J posted:

How the gently caress do you do it

You don't you idiot. Just drink and drink and drink until you're dead.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i managed to quit doing everything but weed. i dont really know how. Hrmmm. i think i got lucky ?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

VendaGoat posted:

Do you know what the best part of of this thread is?

No, I suppose you don't.

Once you let go, from whatever it is you are holding on to, you begin to understand that you aren't actually falling.

:)

you're actually tumbling down a steep mountain sloop covered in jagged rocks

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
The trick is realizing that you've probably set up being intoxicated as a barrier to having fun. The typical pattern is that you have fun doing things while high, then later on your thought process becomes when doing anything "This would be more fun with -drug-" and eventually "This isn't fun without -drug-." At this point -drug- isn't helping you have fun, its preventing you from having fun.

The only way out is to just not use a drug for 2 weeks to a month so your thought pattern gets out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

OctoberBlues posted:

I posted this in some other thread but last year I was thinking maybe I was drinking too much so I went three months with no alcohol/tobacco/weed and it did absolutely nothing. I didn't sleep better, I didn't lose weight, I didn't feel happier. Sobriety is bullshit is what I'm saying.

We are poor stupid apes who accidentally gained consciousness and alcohol, etc. helps us deal with that horrible burden.

Well just being sober but not working on underlying issues is the thing called dry drunk

• Locked thread