Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I really wish Lloyd were still an active poster during the Superbowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Reread this thread over my lunch break, got a little boost of schadenfreude every time I saw someone post "THE FIX IS IN"

A couple times people blamed Russia :allears:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

loquacius posted:

Reread this thread over my lunch break, got a little boost of schadenfreude every time I saw someone post "THE FIX IS IN"

Is Kyle Shanahan from Russia? :argh:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

this thread should be goldmined

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

evilweasel posted:

Where does the "It's happening!" start?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

loquacius posted:

gently caress the Patriots

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I reccomend starting from here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808903&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=90#post469115277

It's when the forks really start to come out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lol.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
First post after the patriots started scoring that called it:

Yug posted:

Welp, patriots are gonna win this now. Thanks refs.

But the fun really starts here:

GeneX posted:

gently caress

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Right after it hit 28-3:

Athanatos posted:

Patriots will still win

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Bareback Werewolf posted:

It's happening isn't it?

Everyone stopped believing the Falcons were going to win after the stripsack.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Page 112 is where the panic sets in: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808903&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=112#post469117424

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

FizFashizzle posted:

my body is ready

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The conspiracy posts are in there, you gotta search but they're there

I was gonna quote a couple but it seemed mean

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

It should be deleted instead.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Volkerball posted:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Volkerball posted:

Not enough. Delete the entire season from human history. It's the only way to be sure.

Also, gently caress the Patriots.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

Can we just delete the Patriots instead?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Don't delete this thread. For those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

For example, goons should know by now to never count out Touchdown Tom.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Don't delete this thread. For those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

For example, goons should know by now to never count out Touchdown Tom.

He's going to go into coaching or something so we never stop hearing about touchdown Tom isn't he

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Spoeank posted:

There's no loving God Jesus Christ almighty gently caress everything

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

He's going to go into coaching or something so we never stop hearing about touchdown Tom isn't he

I don't really want to wish ill on anyone, but maybe Brady will have memory problems from head trauma and he'll just fade away.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The last thing we need is Brady with memory problems. It's going to be really hard to run a state when he goes into politics after he retires from football with that problem.

Then again, if Reagan can do it...

poo poo.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

hell, i'm glad the falcons lost

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I would not vote for Tom Brady for political office.

I do want to build the Patriots to build a giant gold idol of him that all Patriots fans can worship at, and also that he goes to CBS or ESPN with Peyton Manning and they have a pregame segment where they dunk on poor quarterback play.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well I want the Patriots to build a giant golden idol and I can't wait to have Peyton and Brady dunking on every quarterback on Monday Night Football for the next 30 years.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Brady is wildly popular in one area of the country, but I don't think he cares enough about things that are not football or comfortable ugly footwear to become a successful politician. I think coaching or media are more likely.

Kalli posted:

and also that he goes to CBS or ESPN with Peyton Manning and they have a pregame segment where they dunk on poor quarterback play.

would watch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Brady and Manning are both about as entertaining as the flu. Lol at the idea of them "dunking" on anyone.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Brady and Manning are both about as entertaining as the flu. Lol at the idea of them "dunking" on anyone.

Yeah, Brady has a pretty relaxing voice that sounds like he's about to tuck someone into bed

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

Volkerball posted:

I don't know if it would be entertaining but I have no doubt Manning and Brady have plenty of experience telling teammates how much they hosed up and are worthless pieces of poo poo.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Manning and Brady would make Steve Young look like Eric Andre.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Brady's passion is to promote his health brand. That's what he's going to do after football. As an obsessive Pats fans I read and listen to everything to do with Brady and he's almost evangelical about his TB 12 Health Clinic and all his weird dietary and fitness regiments.

Nov 6, 2002

A good cover story has to be maintained.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I don't know if it would be entertaining but I have no doubt Manning and Brady have plenty of experience telling teammates how much they hosed up and are worthless pieces of poo poo.

I dunno if their sideline tantrums would necessarily translate to good TV but they probably have tons of good insights

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, but not deliberately on national television. You'd get press conference Brady and Manning, not just so happened to get picked up on a camera Brady and Manning.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, but not deliberately on national television. You'd get press conference Brady and Manning, not just so happened to get picked up on a camera Brady and Manning.

Peyton could do a *heavily scripted* show and be funny maybe, but you'll need a good comedy writer for a football pregame show and I don't know if that's real. All the evidence suggests not.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Remember when Peyton won the Super Bowl and immediately transformed into a Budweiser spokesman?

Nov 6, 2002

Remember when the whistle blew and the first person he hugged was Papa John.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Brady's passion is to promote his health brand. That's what he's going to do after football. As an obsessive Pats fans I read and listen to everything to do with Brady and he's almost evangelical about his TB 12 Health Clinic and all his weird dietary and fitness regiments.

I was out there today. I didn't go in because I was worried they might convert me by pouring avacado ice cream down my throat like executing some sort of dictator. I normally bring around a strawberry for protection, but I forgot it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Remember when the whistle blew and the first person he hugged was Papa John.

Lol

• Locked thread