Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burning swine
May 26, 2004

Bloody posted:

because the Web clients are, unsurprisingly, absolute pieces of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

emoji posted:

There are two possible emails: work and personal (and you set up forwarding for your shopping and alias emails etc to your main one), and they should be as separate as possible anyway. Any other email account is not important enough to check regularly and you use mailinator for those purposes. If you have to keep up with a dizzying amount of emails for work just get a new job.

have you ever tried making good posts before

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Google Inbox is good, the automatic bundling + rich previews work well

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

abraham linkedin posted:

have you ever tried making good posts before

Sorry your job doesn't have Google mail.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

emoji posted:

Sorry your job doesn't have Google mail.

we use g apps 4 b lmao

but i also have an email account for our parent company

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
also even if someone doesn't have g apps 4 b it doesn't excuse you're posts being bad

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
the only web based email app that's even kind of acceptable is gmail and by kind of acceptable i mean it still loving sucks

qed

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
gmail web mail is actually pretty loving awful and both outlook.com and 365 webmail are way better.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

gmail web mail is actually pretty loving awful and both outlook.com and 365 webmail are way better.

shagger was right

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Shaggar posted:

are either of them even slightly better than outlook on desktop, because if so i might have to give them a try

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

:wrong: and :wrong:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

DaTroof posted:

are either of them even slightly better than outlook on desktop, because if so i might have to give them a try

yeah they're both way better than the outlook desktop client which suffers from decades of bad ideas.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

gmail web client looks like it was designed by someone who likes mailing lists

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

gmail's best feature is that it apparently hasn't been touched in five or six years and let's hope it stays that way

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i like outlook actually

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
electronic mail

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
365/OWA are pretty alright. Outlook as a client is trash and never works right.

Skype for Business is also trash

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

there are a lot of fringe macOS email clients marketed to academia that look straight out of 1992 and feature things like "command line email filtering"

just search around, it's fun

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
win10 mail would be good if it weren't for all its tiny little bugs like it not understanding reply-to headers in some scenarios.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

the only good thing I can say about outlook after going from 2010 -> 2016 is that they finally seem to have stopped making loving network calls in their UI thread, because the entire app doesn't go unresponsive while downloading/sending messages anymore

but it still sucks

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
actually outlook is good

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
actually,

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
I use outlook for work. 2010 version

never activated the office suite cause I like the big red "you're a victim of software piracy" notification.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

the only good thing I can say about outlook after going from 2010 -> 2016 is that they finally seem to have stopped making loving network calls in their UI thread, because the entire app doesn't go unresponsive while downloading/sending messages anymore

but it still sucks

I can deal with everything else wonky about Outlook but this pisses me off, especially when the exchange server is on the other side of the Atlantic and Outlook locks up for a good 30 seconds because I stopped typing for a moment and it's saving a draft.

That and having an unread message counter on the deleted items folder.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Gmail labs extensions and Sheets scripts integration are Killer Features that make it hugely best in class.

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
I liked the gmail labs extension that made you do math questions at night before you sent an email incase you were drunk

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jammyozzy posted:

I can deal with everything else wonky about Outlook but this pisses me off, especially when the exchange server is on the other side of the Atlantic and Outlook locks up for a good 30 seconds because I stopped typing for a moment and it's saving a draft.

That and having an unread message counter on the deleted items folder.

the unread counter on deleted is cause there are people who use the deleted items as a folder for storing things. in notes stuff gets dumped from the trash once it hits 48hrs old and outlook doesn't seem to ever delete stuff from trash so mine is huge. outlook is dumb

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Gmail web interface is actually pretty awesome.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Smythe posted:

Gmail labs extensions and Sheets scripts integration are Killer Features that make it hugely best in class.

better hope the moonshot factory doesn't decide to kill the features on a whim, lol

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

guy next to me on united first class is emailing people on craiglist using eudora

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mad Wack posted:

guy next to me on united first class is emailing people on craiglist using eudora

what os

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

looks like win7 cant tell which service pack without making it obvious im lookin

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mad Wack posted:

looks like win7 cant tell which service pack without making it obvious im lookin

ah, was pullin for mac os 9 lmao

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Mad Wack posted:

Eudora: the burner phone of email clients

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

Eudora: the burner phone of email clients

I liked eudora

literally 20 years ago

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Brother let me introduce you to Fastmail Dot FM

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I have to use Exchange for work so on my office computer I have a copy of Outlook 2010 for Mac and it's actually my favorite mail client ever. Thunderbird never played as nice with Exchange so I gave up on it quickly and used the Exchange web client if I was looking outside of work.
We recently moved from Exchange to Office 365 though so now the web client is absolute poo poo and it has reply all as the default reply option, which made me really embarrassed when I was sending out an email intended for just one person. I've hated it since. Thank god I can still use the Outlook 2010 desktop application.

I've used Claws Mail in the past and I recommend that to anyone who hasn't used it and doesn't like Thunderbird or Outlook.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

whomupclicklike posted:

I have to use Exchange for work so on my office computer I have a copy of Outlook 2010 for Mac and it's actually my favorite mail client ever. Thunderbird never played as nice with Exchange so I gave up on it quickly and used the Exchange web client if I was looking outside of work.
We recently moved from Exchange to Office 365 though so now the web client is absolute poo poo and it has reply all as the default reply option, which made me really embarrassed when I was sending out an email intended for just one person. I've hated it since. Thank god I can still use the Outlook 2010 desktop application.

I've used Claws Mail in the past and I recommend that to anyone who hasn't used it and doesn't like Thunderbird or Outlook.

o365 webmail is good

outlook 2011 is bad, upgrade to 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

mishaq posted:

o365 webmail is good

outlook 2011 is bad, upgrade to 2016

As if I can get my department to purchase it for me.

• Locked thread