Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Tom is a cool dude you haters. Don't blame him for Falcons not knowing how to play football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hey guys have you heard of Tom Brady? He's pretty good.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Counterpoint : gently caress Tom Brady and his entire perfect family

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp
tom brady retire bitcj

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Hm is Tom Brady the GOAT well let's see what his record is vs Illinois...oh it's 0-1 after blowing a 20 point lead at home. wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlT7_fGmd3I

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.
I feel privileged being able to watch his greatness. Aaron Rodgers is always thought of as better, and even this year people were saying he was the best. He's all razzle dazzle. Basically Peyton Manning with running ability. Brady just wins games. Never has the best receivers, best running back, or best arm. He's slow as gently caress. He just wins. I hope he wins the next two super bowls and does the three in a row.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

extendedsolo posted:

Aaron Rodgers's all razzle dazzle. Basically Peyton Manning with running ability.

ahahaahasdg

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 6, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nerve posted:

Imagine trying to earnestly argue the 5x SB champion that just came back from 25 loving points down isn't the goat

my brother still says it's all bill. i think if brady won like 10 super bowls he'd still say brady's a system qb.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I've never once heard Aaron Rodgers mentioned as better than Tom Brady lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
We should buy Tom Brady a SA account so he can post with us

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nerve posted:

that's who my brother says is the best.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Rodgers isnt the even the best Packers QB ever

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Doltos posted:

We should buy Tom Brady a SA account so he can post with us

Twist: 5 Ring Shrimp is his alt.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

fishing with the fam posted:

It's true and I HATE it.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

a neat cape posted:

Rodgers isnt the even the best Packers QB ever

who is? Don Majkowski?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Arnie Herber

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

extendedsolo posted:

who is? Don Majkowski?

this is correct because Majkowski moon balls 2 Sharpe on Tecmo

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

He's the best system QB ever I agree

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

I, too, wish my team's system could produce a record number of super bowl victories and the greatest quarterback of all time.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

panascope posted:

I, too, wish my team's system could produce a record number of super bowl victories and the greatest quarterback of all time.

And be impossible for any other team to duplicate for some reason, don't forget that part. :haw:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Super Jay Mann posted:

didn't know my brother had an account.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sean10mm posted:

And be impossible for any other team to duplicate for some reason, don't forget that part. :haw:

Not that I agree with the system argument, but BB is impossible to duplicate/emulate, yes

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

panascope posted:

Just wait for exotic smashmouth to hit its stride buddy

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Tom Brady on the merits deserves to be regarded as the greatest quarterback of all time, but within a year people are going to go back to saying it's Peyton Manning or whoever their preferred 80's HOFer is.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Groovelord Neato posted:

my brother still says it's all bill. i think if brady won like 10 super bowls he'd still say brady's a system qb.

a guy in my office shouts that brady has no 'transferable skills' which is insanity. i do think peyton, marino, unitas are better than brady because i think belichick deserves a ton of the credit, but brady executes fantastically

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Without Belichick Tom Brady would not be as successful as he is right now. On the other hand if Brady was as disposable as some people like to claim then Belichick would have traded him a long time ago.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

Without Belichick Tom Brady would not be as successful as he is right now

it goes the other way too.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

it goes the other way too.

Did you read my second sentence?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Hunt11 posted:

Without Belichick Tom Brady would not be as successful as he is right now. On the other hand if Brady was as disposable as some people like to claim then Belichick would have traded him a long time ago.

Why would you trade a QB that is as cheap as Brady? His cap hit is over $10 mil smaller than Joe Flacco or Carson Palmer in 2017. Under their current contract Brock Osweiler, Tyrod Tylor or Ryan Tannehill.

Brady's contract has by far the best ROI of all NFL (non rookie) contracts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Has shrimp updated his name to 5 ring yet?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

Why would you trade a QB that is as cheap as Brady? His cap hit is over $10 mil smaller than Joe Flacco or Carson Palmer in 2017. Under their current contract Brock Osweiler, Tyrod Tylor or Ryan Tannehill.

I am not just talking about cap hit. Some desperate team would willingly drown Belichick in draft picks to get Brady as a quarterback yet Belichick has never even hinted at such a move. For a coach as dispassionate as Belichick this is proof enough of how important Brady is for the Patriots.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

If Brady was that replaceable you could just slot in Jimmy G/Jacoby Brisset/Matt Cassell/whatever other guy on a rookie contract is currently holding his clipboard.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol if you think that Belichick would get rid of Tom loving Brady for any reason at all just because he isn't attached to players

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

nerve posted:

Brady doesn't do anything that Rodgers isn't capable of doing except be employed by a better team with a better coach. Rodgers makes all kinds of plays Brady isn't capable of replicating.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am tom Brady

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

Rodgers makes all kinds of plays Brady isn't capable of replicating.

and vice versa.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

Brady doesn't do anything that Rodgers isn't capable of doing except be employed by a better team with a better coach. Rodgers makes all kinds of plays Brady isn't capable of replicating.

Thankfully Tom Brady can beat the Falcons in the Playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Leon Einstein posted:

Rodgers seems more physically gifted than Brady and can physically do things Brady can't. But that's not to say he's a better QB.

• Locked thread