Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Thankfully Tom Brady can beat the Falcons in the Playoffs.

yeah how dare Aaron Rodgers allow the Falcons to score 44 points

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Rodgers has beaten Brady head to head. Brady hasn't beaten Rodgers, and hilariously threw a tantrum when he got beat and caused a minor outrage with his potty mouth. Anybody else remember?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Leon Einstein posted:

Rodgers has beaten Brady head to head. Brady hasn't beaten Rodgers, and hilariously threw a tantrum when he got beat and caused a minor outrage with his potty mouth. Anybody else remember?

Going by head to head logic then Eli is the best quarterback in the NFL.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Leon Einstein posted:

Which game was it where Rodgers and Brady where head to head on the field, haven't seen that.

evilweasel posted:

Rodgers seems more physically gifted than Brady and can physically do things Brady can't. But that's not to say he's a better QB.

Rodgers might be a better thrower of egg-shaped balls, but Brady is the better NFL QB, because he does not only throw balls, but he is a leader of man. Additionally Brady is a better overall human being, dedicating his 5th Super Bowl win to his mother, while Rodgers doesn't talk to his because of his bitchy girlfriend.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

GaussianCopula posted:

Additionally Brady is a better overall human being, dedicating his 5th Super Bowl win to his mother, while Rodgers doesn't talk to his because of his bitchy girlfriend.

His mother who has been fighting cancer all year, in fact.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

who wouldve thought a guy who won a superbowl would dedicate it to his mother who is fighting cancer, tom brady truly is the best qb of all time

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Women who support Brady

woman who supports Rodgers

:nsfw:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

GaussianCopula posted:

Which game was it where Rodgers and Brady where head to head on the field, haven't seen that.

Rodgers might be a better thrower of egg-shaped balls, but Brady is the better NFL QB, because he does not only throw balls, but he is a leader of man. Additionally Brady is a better overall human being, dedicating his 5th Super Bowl win to his mother, while Rodgers doesn't talk to his because of his bitchy :siren:BOYFRIEND:siren:.

:D

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

GaussianCopula posted:

Rodgers might be a better thrower of egg-shaped balls, but Brady is the better NFL QB, because he does not only throw balls, but he is a leader of man. Additionally Brady is a better overall human being, dedicating his 5th Super Bowl win to his mother, while Rodgers doesn't talk to his because of his bitchy girlfriend.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201411300gnb.htm rodgers vs brady

also brady beat both rodgers+favre combined
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200611190gnb.htm

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mystic Stylez posted:

who wouldve thought a guy who won a superbowl would dedicate it to his mother who is fighting cancer, tom brady truly is the best qb of all time

probably the one who speaks to his mother

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Well, Rodgers and Brady were not head to head in that game. As far as I know it's really rare that two QBs do that to be fair.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

evilweasel posted:

probably the one who speaks to his mother

who the gently caress cares about this poo poo, gently caress off

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

GaussianCopula posted:

Well, Rodgers and Brady were not head to head in that game. As far as I know it's really rare that two QBs do that to be fair.
Quit being pedantic, you know what I mean.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mystic Stylez posted:

who the gently caress cares about this poo poo, gently caress off

We all do. Shame on you supporting such an evil guy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
They're both pretty good quarterbacks.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i will accept aaron rodgers in a trade for brady straight up after next year

Nov 6, 2002

I don't know why it seems to make some fans physically ill to see someone else suggest their favorite quarterback is not the greatest thing in the world.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I don't know why it seems to make some fans physically ill to see someone else suggest their favorite quarterback is not the greatest thing in the world.

especially when its now beyond all dispute :smugdog:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Women who support Brady

look at this post

just look at it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Olivia Munn is a terrible actress but she puts in a lot of effort in her sexting and I can appreciate that

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Super Jay Mann posted:

He's the best system QB ever I agree

Oh great the stupid uncle who listens to espn sports talk radio stopped by.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

she had an even more hilarious sext but i'm too lazy to go find it.

also do you think a aron ever seen those.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

GaussianCopula posted:

Women who support Brady

interdasting

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Groovelord Neato posted:

and vice versa.

name a single play that Brady can make that Rodgers cannot

Rodgers is maybe the greatest arm we've ever seen

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ehud posted:

brady's unstoppable quarterback sneak

you see him line up for it, everyone in the stadium knows he's about to do it, and yet somehow he's still half a foot over the line when everyone gets up

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

I think Rodgers is better than Brady at everything a quarterback does after the snap. But Brady is better at everything a QB does before the snap, including staying on the field.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

evilweasel posted:

brady's unstoppable quarterback sneak

you see him line up for it, everyone in the stadium knows he's about to do it, and yet somehow he's still half a foot over the line when everyone gets up

lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I think Rodgers is better than Brady at everything a quarterback does after the snap. But Brady is better at everything a QB does before the snap, including staying on the field.

I don't know how you would even measure "good before the snap" at that level. Both guys can easily read defenses, audible, change protections, blah blah

I was talking specifically about throwing the ball

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

I was talking specifically about throwing the ball

Well obviously Rodgers is better at that. You'd have to be a big old homer to disagree.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Isn't Rodgers the best in the league at catching teams sleeping or 12 men or something like that

I think Brady has better pocket movement and manipulation than Rodgers

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Chris Pine is a badass goddamn

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Brady takes a beating much better than rodgers

He also wins a lot more with a team that puts Chris Hogan on the field as not a joke

Nov 6, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Isn't Rodgers the best in the league at catching teams sleeping or 12 men or something like that

Catching teams substituting isn't unique to Rodgers. The Patriots offense has been doing that with the hurry up forever. Rodgers' thing seems to be the ability to actually chuck a deep accurate pass on those types of plays to take full advantage and not just get free five yards.

Febreeze posted:

I think Brady has better pocket movement and manipulation than Rodgers

For sure. If you compare the two, I think on most plays Brady has already decided before the snap where he is going to throw the ball. But Rodgers is more likely to spend five or more seconds scrambling around and waiting for someone to come open before making a great throw from some crazy body position.

But when I said I think Brady is better at what a quarterback does before the snap, I don't just mean making adjustments and reading the defense. I mean everything including *INTANGIBLES* such as durability.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Rodgers is probably the most amazing QB to watch top to bottom. Too bad he's stuck with coaches who are often dumb on game day.

He takes a lot more sacks than Brady, even when his OL is good, but that's the flip-side of "extends plays forever to make Godlike improvised throws." So that's more of a difference in style than being absolutely better/worse at something.

Brady is just super consistent year in and year out and rarely makes big mistakes (that lovely Super Bowl interception we just saw notwithstanding.) He's rarely the absolute best in any given season, but he's always right up there, and he never loving goes away.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

if you put tom brady on the packers that's a 0 win team IMO

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Ehud posted:

if you put tom brady on the packers that's a 0 win team IMO

And I'm sure Rodgers would do great with Brady's slow midget scrub receivers trying to throw rocketballs downfield.

Dead Jordy Nelson was still worth like 10 Chris Hogans.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sean10mm posted:

And I'm sure Rodgers would do great with Brady's slow midget scrub receivers trying to throw rocketballs downfield.

and midget scrub running backs

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

evilweasel posted:

and midget scrub running backs

Rodgers scrambles, throws 75 yards wrist flick across the body bomb to White... who is nowhere near the ball because he's 5'9" and ran a 4.6 40. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

What makes Rodgers even better is, he would be the first to admit Brady is the best of all time.

• Locked thread