Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They're both pretty good quarterbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

I don't know why it seems to make some fans physically ill to see someone else suggest their favorite quarterback is not the greatest thing in the world.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

name a single play that Brady can make that Rodgers cannot

Rodgers is maybe the greatest arm we've ever seen

I think Rodgers is better than Brady at everything a quarterback does after the snap. But Brady is better at everything a QB does before the snap, including staying on the field.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

I was talking specifically about throwing the ball

Well obviously Rodgers is better at that. You'd have to be a big old homer to disagree.

Nov 6, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Isn't Rodgers the best in the league at catching teams sleeping or 12 men or something like that

Catching teams substituting isn't unique to Rodgers. The Patriots offense has been doing that with the hurry up forever. Rodgers' thing seems to be the ability to actually chuck a deep accurate pass on those types of plays to take full advantage and not just get free five yards.

Febreeze posted:

I think Brady has better pocket movement and manipulation than Rodgers

For sure. If you compare the two, I think on most plays Brady has already decided before the snap where he is going to throw the ball. But Rodgers is more likely to spend five or more seconds scrambling around and waiting for someone to come open before making a great throw from some crazy body position.

But when I said I think Brady is better at what a quarterback does before the snap, I don't just mean making adjustments and reading the defense. I mean everything including *INTANGIBLES* such as durability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

I thought it was Trump at first.

• Locked thread