Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The NFL is scripted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
trump's power is limitless

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Scripted... to be good!!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The NFL is scripted.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Brady is on peds

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Roger Goodell more like Vince McMahon hahaha

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

it's really lazy too they just copied the script from the election complete with screwing over people named mohamed

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/football-fans-the-conspiracy-theorist/

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the nfl is.... conscripted. report to fort benning as soon as possible. ha ha

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The Patriots

Their Good

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I do sincerely believe that refs are told to lean towards making calls that would make a game more competitive if it seems one sided. That one drive by the Patriots where they got three free first downs on holding calls was surely because the refs wanted to keep them in the game.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Man, football's fixed as poo poo.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
im gay

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

txt me

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

it's really lazy too they just copied the script from the election complete with screwing over people named mohamed

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lol at some of those holding calls

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil
Vince McMahon wouldn't have booked an ending so obvious

mgreen42
Oct 22, 2002

qkkl posted:

I do sincerely believe that refs are told to lean towards making calls that would make a game more competitive if it seems one sided. That one drive by the Patriots where they got three free first downs on holding calls was surely because the refs wanted to keep them in the game.

Maybe... but that drive ended in an interception? Did I miss any other really egregious ones after that (seriously, I think I have missing time after 20-28)?

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
the cgi on edelman's catch was top-notch

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

qkkl posted:

My view on this is that refs are always going to be paying more attention to teams with higher value for the company, because missing a crucial call against them is going to get them in a lot more trouble than missing one for the other team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's rigged! The NFL is owned by Vegas! Tom Brady will be appointed head of the Trump Department of Law and Order!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Diqnol posted:

It's rigged! The NFL is owned by Vegas! Tom Brady will be appointed head of the Trump Department of Law and Order!

I hope Donald Trump signs an executive order that Goodell has to become human furniture for TFB

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/2/6/14523088/super-bowl-rigged-patriots-falcons-james-white-donald-trump

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
osama won

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Rigged league

Whoops sorry lol

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Bernie would have lost even without those holding calls.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The NFL is scripted

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm glad because I got word that this year it's starring mariota

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Who would even be writing the script? Do football actors get promoted up to writing roles when they retire? Do they have a union? I need answers.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Falcons blew a 28-3 lead.

Checks out.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the falcons were set to go over but tom brady didn't follow the format!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:gas:

The NFL isn't scripted because evil loses in scripts and welp look at all those Patriots/Steelers/Cowboys titles

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I wish Vince McMahon ran the NFL. Then we could have football players actually cutting promos on one another, title belts, heel turns, etc.

It would be rad.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kirios posted:

I wish Vince McMahon ran the NFL. Then we could have football players actually cutting promos on one another, title belts, heel turns, etc.

It would be rad.

He put HAHD TIMES on the Cleveland Browns!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yes Vince is well known for giving the fans what they want, for example Sheamus

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tom Brady taking the field wearing tights with Tom Brady glamour shots on them like Rick Rude.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kalli posted:

Tom Brady taking the field wearing tights with Tom Brady glamour shots on them like Rick Rude.

I would become an instant Tom Brady fan, no lie

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What I'd like to have right now is for all you fat, out of shape, New York sweathogs to keep the noise down while I take my warm up jacket off and show all the ladies what a real quarterback looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The National football league is scripted.

• Locked thread