Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
a nice big sheet of good acid if he's into that kind of thing. i know i'd be ecstatic if i got acid as a gift (i never do :qq:)

if he's not into drugs hmmmmm... a bonzai tree?

is he into video games?

i need more to go on here op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A something awful dot com forums account with all the upgrades and a heckin fresh av plus all the top threads of all the major boards pre-bookmarked for his enjoyment.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
1/10th of a toyota corolla

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

he doesn't treat himself like he should. he works too much and he is hard on him self

like i said get him some bomb rear end :lsd: so he can learn the true value of taking care of himself

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I said no drugs!

get him $100 worth of gallons of gasoline. technically not a drug :grin:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Get him into soft drugs op. Its the only way.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
why not a forums account tho for realsies

then we could all speculate possible gifts at him directly.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
take him out to dinner

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

InvisibleMonkey posted:

it is if you're secretly in love with him and he keeps giving you back the gifts and asking you not to buy more. is this a cry for help, pick?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
buy him mangosteen juice

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

the reason why this thread is long is because we all actually appreciate your interest in giving gifts, imagine how much less plastic we'd all be eating and how many hours less could be worked if everyone had a thread where they just tell you what poo poo they love and hate before you waste money

the issue is that you seemed to have fallen for a bloke so lovely that even a mod stopped by to tell us all the guy who doesn't drink the scotch you buy him or grow the mushroom kit is a horrible rear end, and despite forgetting that mods name they were very right

theres nothing romantic about gift giving tbqh i still dont know where this meme that pick has the hots for this guy's depressed workaholic johnson is coming from.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

Ok so what's this guy's username, it seems like you all know him.

shmorky

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
im gonna keep repeating drugs.

:colbert:

your $100 gift to him should be forcing him to partake in a psychadelic trip so he can get a new perspective on life.

bonus points if you trip with him and neither of you have ever done psychadelics before and you both have horrible trips and it causes you to bond really closely.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
dose him without him even knowing op. then write it off as a mental break so he doesnt suspect anything. :unsmigghh:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
:lsd: :lsd: :lsd: drugs :lsd: :lsd:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

myDad posted:

Pick sounds like a cool & good friend

this but unironically but also kind of ironically at the same time. in the same way her gift giving is ironic.

also whats all this drama about i kinda skipped a few pages because i got tired of reading non-joke suggestions. someone get me up to speed with the latest juicy clamshell hermit lad gossip.

also get him drugs :colbert:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Drugs.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
fr tho pick, fix your friend's broke brain with psychadelics. 200ug acid will set him straight.

Who What Now posted:

Really the only thing drugs can't make you do is cum, so the ultimate experience is drugs and an automated fleshlight.

mix molly and acid and if you don't pay attention you probably will cream yourself tbh.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Wendigee posted:

Hey pick im really depressed give me gifts?

I mean in taking meds and have not been happier in 15 years, but...

ill send you some drugs if you want

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
not the lame rear end poo poo your doctor is prescribing you either, no you'll be getting the good poo poo from my private stash :wiggle:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
lol if u think everybody is broken

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Its me, im the idiot who thinks able bodied people arent people

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Not intentionally no, but taking poorly worded and reasoned posts literally and at face value is a cornerstone of gbs comedy.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

Serious answer for gifts: I will never be unhappy receiving socks and underwear as gifts

What if they are panties and stockings

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I actually said "no drugs" not just because drugs are crime, but I sort of suspect he did sort of get messed up by drugs in college. When I returned to OR, I suspected for a while he might be addicted to drugs. I do not think that any more. But there are definitely issues he has that seem very specific and very strange, like there are holes in his brain almost.

For example, I did get him to go to the zoo. We approached the lion enclosure, which has sculptures of lions in front of it. The lions were all out, with the big male on the top of the rock and the lionesses all around him. And he said, "Are these lions or tigers?" and I was like, "Oh, these are lions." And then he asked, "What's the difference?" and that's, like, a big question depending on how you interpret it, so I was like, "Oh, they're different species. Tigers are solitary and they have stripes. Lions are social and they don't have stripes."

But I was like, ??? He's very smart and capable and was educated... normally. Do people not know the difference between a tiger and a large pastry?

plausible theory unless he's super uninterested in animals in general and never bothered to learn about them.

but most drugs won't put a hole in your brain like that and something tells me he wasnt out there getting high on krokodil

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

He said he spent his childhood in his room listening to the radio but even then I think you'd just encounter graphics of lions and tigers in your life and be able to recognize one versus the other.

yeah but if he wasn't interested in them, he wouldn't have committed the differences to memory.

not knowing the difference between huge stripey cat with small mane and smaller but still big cat with big mane isn't that unreasonable of something for someone to mess up, and its not really something that mainstream drugs will do to your brain. if he was getting high on chinese research chemicals and poo poo it's a different story, but drugs that float around american universities gently caress you up in more sinister and subtle ways. but that's just my opinion and im hardly an expert on what drugs will cause what longterm issues outside of my experience and people I know.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
thats a uh.... interesting reason.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Manchild King posted:

He just gets worse and worse. Every post reveals another unlikable aspect of his personality. I'm guessing his dopamine levels are completely hosed because of his abuse of stimulants. It would explain why you can never get much of a reaction out of him and why he seems depressed 99% of the time. He's a lucky guy to know someone with such a strong nose fetish.

that's not a thing that happens from long term stimulant abuse you moron.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
depends on the drug

amphetamines can cause seizures if you're in too deep and sometimes hallucinations but that's only during the initial withdrawal stage. long-term there aren't any real effects besides maybe toying with your attention span but ymmv.

most drugs dont really affect you in the long run. time heals all wounds and as long as your poo poo isn't dirty those wounds tend to heal real fast.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
ecstasy puts holes in your brain if you take it too often probably.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

He was so brilliant though :(. I really hate to think he might have muddled his thinking with substances or bad influences.

he's probably just clinically depressed, but the fact that he's still putting up with you is a good sign that it's not too bad.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i couldn't find the og link with the search function but amazon has a non function one for $75 bux lol
https://www.amazon.com/Denix-Halberd-Swiss-17th-Century/dp/B004SJ2322/

or for $120 you could get a functional one
https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-89MSW-Swiss-Halberd/dp/B00HZIGC4S/

is this post broken for anybody else

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i saw that one on amazon but the one that i posted is roughly the same price and has 2 more stars and in my opinion looks way cooler. :shrug:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Works for me

i was loving around with my account settings earlier this morning to change some stuff now that im plat, and i do remember changing a few settings involving links and embedding but i dont remember what they are

its just that one post though. idk what could have bonkered the adurl tag??

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Then knock it down with this

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
until cascadia becomes a thing or whatever new long-term trendy thing PNW hipsters are chasing, probably.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A machine gun with a 120 round belt :c00l:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

You got rid of his only real friends, the ants. Of course he was mad.
I once had a house centipede that I only half-ironically befriended for a month in the winter when I was a teenage lad. I recognized it by the way one of its front antenna was half as long as the other. Called it Zoey. As far as I could tell, it kept the basement spider-free along with pretty much every other small pest. Zoey was A-OK in my book.

One day Zoey ran out from its home in the laundry room drain in front of my mom and she promptly killed it. Probably would have been more upset except that earlier that week I had tried to pick it up like an idiot and it bit me and let me tell you those little fuckers have some chompers. Too bad ants are pests and not the insect equivalent of a bengal tiger.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

why the gently caress would you try to pick up anything related to these bastards

house centipedes are cutie pies and very helpful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
No, why would I waste perfectly good skeleton flesh?

ooh look at mister moneybags over here, he feeds his centipedes with his table scraps!! laah dee dah

• Locked thread