Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
e:whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
e: whoops

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 2, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
e: whoops

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 2, 2017

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

SKULL.GIF posted:

I really don't think Revis would fit in well with the Packers locker room.

They already put up with that hebrew devil Aaron Rodgers, I don't see why Revis wouldn't fit in. Unless he's too cool to be a Green Gay Fudge Packer, which I would believe

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Hey you know who has opinions? Bill Polian has thoughts that he'd like to share on TO and Randy Moss's hall of fame chances

TO and Moss are #2 and 3 in career receiving yards for the record.
Polian is discrediting TO's ability to improve teams and yet he kept going to teams that then won a ton of games.

Same deal with Moss, you'd have to really turn a blind eye to his role on 2 of the best offenses ever to say he's a detractor.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The fact that he's making GBS threads on Owens and Moss for being locker room cancers while previously throwing a conniption fit over Marvin Harrison not being a first balloteer - despite the fact that Harrison was probably a much worse person than TO or Moss, but his shittiness doesn't count because he wasn't in the locker room - should tell you everything you need to know about Polian's stance in general.

Also Marvin was MAYBE 85% of the player TO or Moss were, but that's beside the point

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Marvin was a great person, and if you disagree then he'd like to talk to you about it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Blount is going to leave New England and the Patriots will turn Eddie Lacey into his clone

2x Superbowl champion Leggarette Blount has earned his retirement at this point.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Hope this wasn't covered elsewhere, but it was interesting to see a broader take on the Will Smith murder case: http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/2/14770996/state-of-louisiana-vs-cardell-hayes

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
leveon bell can't handle taking the L so now he's talking about how the outcome would have been different in the AFCCG if he was healthy lmao

yeah leveon and imagine if gronk was healthy too, then the Pats might have dropped a few more touchdowns on your face

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
imagine if tom brady wasn't 40

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Raku posted:

imagine if tom brady wasn't 40

https://gfycat.com/SomeEverlastingAdmiralbutterfly

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Turdsdown Tom posted:

leveon bell can't handle taking the L so now he's talking about how the outcome would have been different in the AFCCG if he was healthy lmao

yeah leveon and imagine if gronk was healthy too, then the Pats might have dropped a few more touchdowns on your face

did you come here to talk poo poo to leveon bell because I don't think he posts here man

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Yeah I'm sure the outcome wouldn't have been any different if the best running back in the league didn't get hurt. Yeah, that wouldn't have changed anything whatsoever

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Yeah I'm sure the outcome wouldn't have been any different if the best running back in the league didn't get hurt. Yeah, that wouldn't have changed anything whatsoever

I'm not sure how a Cowboy getting hurt would have changed the AFCCG?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Le'Veon Bell plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers you idiot

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

David Johnson called, he said "you're wrong, bitch".

GaussianCopula posted:

I'm not sure how a Cowboy getting hurt would have changed the AFCCG?

Hahahaha. No.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
David Johnson literally doesn't exist. His wikipedia might as well have him playing at Atlantis Community College and for the El Dorado Golden Suns.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is a real good article on what it's like at the combine and why it's designed to make players neurotic messes:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/how-to-survive-the-nfl-combine/

quote:

Rule 2: Don’t screw up your interviews

As a player, you’re allowed to have up to 15 private interviews with teams during which you meet with the GM, head coach, position coach, and maybe a few other coaches. When you arrive, they give you an index card with all your meeting times on it. It gives you an indication of the level of interest in you. If you have all 15, you’re probably going in the first round. I had one.

If you don’t have an interview, you go into this big conference hall where teams are standing around. It’s like a bizarre college job fair. You kind of walk around with a big smile on your face like, “Hello sir, I’d like to be your new left guard!” and representatives from teams literally grab you by the arm and start asking you questions on the spot. Then a horn blows after five minutes and another team grabs you.

My only private interview was with the Seattle Seahawks. This is where things can get intense and you can field some unusual questions. I personally wasn’t asked anything weird, but I remember that Mike Holmgren pulled up one of my game clips from Oregon. It was a game against a lesser team and he said, “It doesn’t look like you’re trying as hard here.”

He was absolutely right. It wasn’t like I was getting beat, but I wasn’t going 100 percent. It was right there on the tape. I couldn’t say anything except, “You’re right.” I didn’t think they would notice stuff like that, but even if you’re a lower-round pick, they have guys who are watching all your clips. They remember your college games better than you do. It was a hell of a lesson.

This is also why the one-on-one O-line vs. D-line drills at the Senior Bowl can be misleading. The drill is pretty much rigged for O-linemen to fail. A lot of the D-linemen aren’t playing in their normal position, so their footwork and positioning is different. As an O-lineman, there’s no context. You don’t know what type of pass rush you’re going to get. Most importantly, the defensive lineman doesn’t have to worry about getting his head taken off on either side of him, so he can try all kinds of crazy moves. Based on what you hear on TV, that drill gets a lot of hype. I don’t think it’s a great indication of what happens on a Sunday.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Spoeank posted:

did you come here to talk poo poo to leveon bell because I don't think he posts here man

i just come here to talk directly into the void

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

This is a real good article on what it's like at the combine and why it's designed to make players neurotic messes:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/how-to-survive-the-nfl-combine/

Geoff Schwartz is consistently good. I'm sad for him that he didn't get a chance somewhere because he still wanted to play last year, but happy for us since he wrote a lot more. And now that he's officially retired hopefully he keeps doing it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Seriously??? Close this thread already we have a March NV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

... awh damnit.

• Locked thread