Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

So as a relatively new fan what's the brief on Sarkisian? Good hire, bad hire, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
4 jobs in the past 4 years, got fired from 1 for being an alcoholic.

Don't expect him to stick around very long.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Sark is a decent college coach (pulled UW out of the depths and set them up for a real good coach in Peterson to have success), good offensive mind.

Personal life kind of in the toilet

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Devin McCourty also not going to White House.

I wonder if this reaches a tipping point where there are 15-20 players not going if the White House would cancel it out of embarrassment?

What am I saying, this president can never be embarrassed.

You are aware that Brady did not go to the White House in 2014?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

waah posted:

Robert Kraft is a great receiver. He made some tremendous plays. Huge plays.

Junior Seau is an example of somebody who's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

GaussianCopula posted:

You are aware that Brady did not go to the White House in 2014?

The most Tom Brady move

Also who cares what Tom does.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I care deeply

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The most Tom Brady move

Also who cares what Tom does.

If Brady skips the 2017 visit because of "prior engagements" it will be national news, maybe even the leading story.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well yeah he would be dissing his best friend.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
pleasepleasepleasplease let all the black players opt out of going to the white house. i want another kaepernick national anthem type extravaganza.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Junior Seau is an example of somebody who's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more.

:thurman:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

GaussianCopula posted:

If Brady skips the 2017 visit because of "prior engagements" it will be national news, maybe even the leading story.

Tom will retire and move to Brazil 2 years into Trump's presidency when it looks like the entire country is about to go down in flames.

This time, nobody will miss a miraculous comeback though.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Supposedly Giselle doesn't like Trump at all, so that's a thing. If Brady of all people bails on Trump after all this dumb poo poo it'll be hilarious. Or tragicomic, whatever.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

sean10mm posted:

Supposedly Giselle doesn't like Trump at all

I dunno about that, she probably finds him gripping.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

If the NFL had a Syrian-born player that was going to a London game next year, then the coward Tom Brady would find it much harder to dodge the question.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Why didn't Derrick Henry come in and blow the roof off this season? I figured he was gonna steal Murray's job by Week 5.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

89 posted:

Why didn't Derrick Henry come in and blow the roof off this season? I figured he was gonna steal Murray's job by Week 5.

titans posters probably know better, but Murray had a resurgent year erotic smashmouth and henry did well for himself as well, so they both got solid playing time

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah basically it turns out DeMarco Murray is really good when he's nut hurt and not playing for Chip Kelly as far as I can tell.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

:laugh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He's the king of roshambo obviously.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

edit: wrong thread but gently caress it it should be posted here too lol

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 8, 2017

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

89 posted:

Mike Mularkey is a lovely coach with a sneaky good roster

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Titans are gonna steal Alshon from the Eagles, aren't they

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are going to resign tolbert and go after eddie lacy and alshon jeffrey

we'll have the fattest skill group the league has ever seen

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

countdown to impact font text reading "why can't i hold all these lombardis"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just 64 to go!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"My Limes!"

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Nflconcussionsettlement.com live streaming the settlement

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dungy copped to stealing signals with the Colts, so that's something

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's nothing wrong with stealing signals, so why wouldn't he?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Packers just cut Sam Shields, even though he still says that he wants to play. Please retire Sam, you got a ring and got paid, now enjoy the rest of your life before it's too late :(

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If anyone has any real insight, how does Jimmy G compare to other previous Brady Backups? I know the sample size is pretty small in terms of NFL tape on him.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

There's nothing wrong with stealing signals, so why wouldn't he?

It was more the tone than anything

Deion: Dungy stole signals

Dungy: Yeah we did. So what? Also, gently caress you

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

If anyone has any real insight, how does Jimmy G compare to other previous Brady Backups? I know the sample size is pretty small in terms of NFL tape on him.

There was nothing on tape for Mallet or Hoyer who never really got to play. They got hired elsewhere on the strength of Patriots coaches who liked them in practice. The only real comparison is Cassell and I can't say much about how they compare, but Cassell got to throw to Randy Moss in his 11-5 season.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bigass Moth posted:

From a prospect standpoint I thought he was a top 150 pick that could deliver a decent ball. Kinda like Garrett Grayson

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers are going to resign tolbert and go after eddie lacy and alshon jeffrey

we'll have the fattest skill group the league has ever seen

Christian McCaffrey is pretty lithe.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Reportedly Kyle Shanahan wanted him over Manziel in the 2014 draft, but he was overruled by a homeless guy.

Take from that what you will.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

"My cabbages!"

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status/829406750596018180

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

GaussianCopula posted:

Reportedly Kyle Shanahan wanted him over Manziel in the 2014 draft, but he was overruled by a homeless guy.

Take from that what you will.

I am well aware of Cleveland's efforts to Make America Great Again by crowdsourcing draft ideas from hobos.

• Locked thread