Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Ferr posted:

I didn't respond to a lovely recuiter cold message and a week later got this followup

*in the best strongbad voice you can muster* FLAGGED AS SPAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
if your sign spam is funny you haven't been homeless a recruiter long

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Bloody posted:

I would do basically anything for an actual 6.5 figgy salary

s a m e
a
m
e

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I've been sending overly pushy recruiters (and sales people who send emails blind) a variant of the Cleveland stadium letter for a while now

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
years ago when I was a technical youngling I made the mistake of engaging with Robert Half, who brought me in (a guy with an A+ cert), had me take some online tests in their center, then immediately put me in front of potential employers as a Lotus Notes Engineer.

They won't leave me alone even 15 years later

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Ferr posted:

I didn't respond to a lovely recuiter cold message and a week later got this followup

dehumanize yourself and face to followups

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

years ago when I was a technical youngling I made the mistake of engaging with Robert Half, who brought me in (a guy with an A+ cert), had me take some online tests in their center, then immediately put me in front of potential employers as a Lotus Notes Engineer.

he pimped you out

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

abraham linkedin posted:

dehumanize yourself and face to followups

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

I've been sending overly pushy recruiters (and sales people who send emails blind) a variant of the Cleveland stadium letter for a while now

that's p pro

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

triple sulk posted:

teksystems is probably the most bottom of the barrel you can get with large third party recruiters, alongside cybercoders

yep

cybercoders is famous at my current place for trying to recruit someone for his own job at the same company by bouncing through the company switchboard :stare:

our internal HR department gave them hell for trying to act as a recruiter without authorization

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

minivanmegafun posted:

yep

cybercoders is famous at my current place for trying to recruit someone for his own job at the same company by bouncing through the company switchboard :stare:

our internal HR department gave them hell for trying to act as a recruiter without authorization

i once had a coworker who worked for a contractor our company worked with, then got hired to actually work at our company, then left to join the contracting company again, then got contracted to work at the same company less than six months after leaving

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

minivanmegafun posted:

yep

He should have seen if they could get him a signing bonus and a raise over what we he was making.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I also mistakenly went to Robert Half when I was graduating college to aid in my job search, and they proceeded to ghost on me entirely.

Thank christ.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
just got one of these. not bad for a recruiter email from a company i applied at a couple years ago. at least they got the fields right.

--
I hope you don't mind my emailing you directly. I am currently recruiting on a few Communications roles and due to your background in gaming, community and pr- was hopeful you would be open to discussing- even if just to network.

If you have any time later next week to talk really quickly I would be super grateful.

Thanks in advance and hope to speak soon.

Best regards,
--

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Beast of Bourbon posted:

due to your background in gaming, community and pr

couldn't even dignify that they were impressed with your background

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

my goth gf posted:

which yosposter thought 6.5 figgies was 150k/year because that guy owned

What even is 0.5 figgies

First we need to talk about parallel janitors

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

10^(figgies-1)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

just give me 10^(figgies - 1) = 219k

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

a pretty dece 6.340444 figgies

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

6.34 figgies my good man

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Management posted:

6.34 figgies my good man

saving the company two hundo a year with your lies. keep up the good work

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
6.341277576425459 figgies for that sweet $219,420.69

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Classical Muzak posted:

I also mistakenly went to Robert Half when I was graduating college to aid in my job search, and they proceeded to ghost on me entirely.

Thank christ.

same

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

The Management posted:

*nodding* some good looking figgies

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Management posted:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Management posted:

the yospos figgy, the weed figgy and the sex figgy :xd:

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

now I know what to ask for in my annual review

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Management posted:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

spankmeister posted:

the yospos figgy, the weed figgy and the sex figgy :xd:

The figgy trinity

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

quote:

How are you? Hope this email finds you well. DUMB COMPANY is hiring a seasoned Java, Embedded SW Engineer for our DUMB PRODUCT team. The position will be in our HQ DIFFERENT STATE. Would you keep the info in mind if you know potential candidates you can recommend for our positions?

literally emailed me to ask me to do her job for her.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i could sure use some more figgies maybe i should respond to the recruiters spamming me idk

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
got a good one

quote:

I hope my note finds you doing well. I just wanted to reach out as I found your profile on LinkedIn today and you look to be a great fit for 2 roles I have right now at the 285/75 area of Atlanta. The roles are contract to hire. Great opportunity - some notable information is there is a bonus of up to 3% paid out twice a year once they go full time, also there is restricted stock options of up to 15% and their stock is golden. During the hours of 10-3 they have no meetings and are focused purely on coding. The group also gives the developers opportunity each week to talk about new technologies they should be using and one day a month the developers get to spend time using something they want to get exposure to. We are looking for people that have 2 years and up in full stack development.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
does that recruiter live under a bridge? cause i think he's on fire🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
up to three percent bonus, wow.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

The Management posted:

up to three percent bonus, wow.

and that's if you go full time.

also the subject line said this was for a lead developer position. let me just work at a company that fills its lead developers with contract for hire.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
that's lead developer. I hope you know how to refine metals

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Silver Alicorn posted:

that's lead developer. I hope you know how to refine metals

i use nodejs for that

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkw5UotuRbA

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

next up: recovering the gold from PCBs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yeah he kinda mostly did that one to show that refining electronics isn't really profitable unless you get a lot for cheap

it's a cool channel but he is stuck in mormon land so it's also a little weird

• Locked thread