Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The Cable Guy still made a lot of money so people actually went to see it. I have to admit I didn't know it was directed by Ben Stiller though.

I actually can't believe that Ace Ventura, Mask and Dumb and Dumber all came out in the same year, a pretty insane break-out year for an actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TprdMUe0hVY

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Still the best thing he's ever done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zILs4TaYFqs

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Gah!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQNdS1KBA38

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jim was my hero growing up and my dad would call him "El Loco"

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAWoP1kncRE

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Palpek posted:

The Cable Guy still made a lot of money so people actually went to see it. I have to admit I didn't know it was directed by Ben Stiller though.

I actually can't believe that Ace Ventura, Mask and Dumb and Dumber all came out in the same year, a pretty insane break-out year for an actor.

Oh wow, that's pretty amazing

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I think The Mask was the first VHS I ever owned as a kid, at least the first one I can remember going "this copy is mine and anyone who wants to watch it has to ask me first :mad:". Liar Liar is great too but yeah it's super-90s, every time I see the scene where he steals the airport stairs cart all I can think of is "that dude would have been shot in like 10 seconds if this was today"

Then he started doing more serious stuff and Will Ferrell swooped in and cornered the market on "guy who acts like a cartoon character in every live action role" :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't jim Carey mentally ill now

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

Gave his girlfriend genital herpes and she killed herself

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

EugeneJ posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

i dont think thats worth killing yourself over, personally

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

its 2017 and being mentally ill is normal now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I do the Ace Ventura Allllhrighty Then about once a week.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

trying to jack off posted:

its 2017 and being mentally ill is normal now

It's a requirement for the presidency.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

In Training posted:

Oh yeah that too I guess. But I've always considered Ferrell to be the next "evolution" of that type of comedy. Also Truman Show was cool, I should watch that again.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

he has some cool ideas about vaccines thats for sure

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

You should track down his video where he frantically pleads for Emma Stone to let him bone her, it came out when she was still like 18-19 and just getting big.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

You should track down his video where he frantically pleads for Emma Stone to let him bone her, it came out when she was still like 18-19 and just getting big.

youd have to be insane not to do that

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

He was too old for his role in Yes Man, that was a pretty big age gap romance.

Cable Guy is a classic though.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm a sucker for his grinch performance

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

In Training posted:

I think he's mostly normal but super isolated.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'd have sex with 18 year old Emma stone and indeed would even have sex with current age Emma stone. After sex I'd ask her what ed norton is like.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

I think he's mostly normal but super isolated.

Realtalk: he gave an interview to Howard Stern a few years ago where he admitted that he just smokes pot all day and makes artwork inside his house.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
No mention of Me, myself, and irene yet, that's a paddlin

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Zaggitz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e5qfcbtfEI

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Tfw Jim Carrey will never tell you he loves you

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I'm legit mad that he passed on starring in a Leisure Suit Larry film in the 90s but otherwise I love Jim

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Tfw Jim Carrey will never tell you he loves you

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
When I was 10 my overweight special ed classmate told me I was funny like Jim Carrey, an inaccuracy that instilled in me a false confidence that would eventually crash and ruin my adolescent life. Later that year she told me she loved me on the phone and I screamed and hung up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

When I was 10 my overweight special ed classmate told me I was funny like Jim Carrey, an inaccuracy that instilled in me a false confidence that would eventually crash and ruin my adolescent life. Later that year she told me she loved me on the phone and I screamed and hung up

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

I'm legit mad that he passed on starring in a Leisure Suit Larry film in the 90s but otherwise I love Jim

ong

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

buddhanc posted:

So good. The last "CHIDDDDDYYYY" gets me every time. And him opening the door and slamming it into the car parked next to his.

Lol that always cracked me up. I worshipped carrey as a kid. I wonder if when nature calls is streaming anywhere.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i miss hollywood comedies with supernatural elements. we don't get them anymore because our collective imagination is dead

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

GHOstbusters came out last year and was the most profitable movie of the year

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't know how many times my friend and I rewound and played the "let's see that... in instant replay!" scene from Ace Ventura. Hundreds? So we could imitate it to perfection, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i saw someone on the street dressed up as ace ventura from that exact scene the other night

• Locked thread