Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

trying to jack off posted:

i saw someone on the street dressed up as ace ventura from that exact scene the other night

I mean, I've done that for Halloween before, but... April?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ace Ventura is fresh AF, so, makes sense to me

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The 90s is cool now, which is why girls are wearing my mom's pants from when she was in high school now.

Doughbaron
Apr 28, 2005
There's a scene in Ace Ventura where Carey pretends to be Snowflake's dolphin trainer but it was only on the VHS not the theatrical release or DVD. Not sure why considering how good it is.

Doughbaron fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 3, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dumb & Dumber is still a funny movie although the extended cut sucks. The Cable Guy is even better.

I guess I like him in roles where he is kind of a bad guy.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doughbaron posted:

There's a scene in Ace Ventura where Carey pretends to be Snowflake's dolphin trainer but it was only on the VHS not the theatrical release or DVD. Not sure why considering how good it is.

Luckily, we owned it on VHS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is the only serious jim carey movie Ive seen off the top of my head, and, its my favorite

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Larry Parrish posted:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is the only serious jim carey movie Ive seen off the top of my head, and, its my favorite

Watch Truman Show

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I liked Stranger Than Fiction

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
What about Jim's star performance in The Dead Pool (1988)? Would that count, or is that Jim a bit too premature?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jim Carreys movies in the 90s are VERY problematic

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

got any sevens posted:

Watch Truman Show

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
He was better on TV, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UpZZGeOP2Q. All his movies suck.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Tenzarin posted:

All his movies suck.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 15, 2017

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Jim Carreys movies in the 90s are VERY problematic

in todays pc society he says the pen identifies as red and he is ok with that

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I just watched him hosting SNL while promoting The Cable Guy, and he was really funny. First he was in the Night at the Roxbury guys sketch, then he did a funny impression of James Stewart on "The Joe Pesci Show" where Jim Bruer was doing a Joe Pesci impression and Mark McKinney was doing a Jim Carrey impression.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

try the new taco place posted:

I just watched him hosting SNL while promoting The Cable Guy, and he was really funny. First he was in the Night at the Roxbury guys sketch, then he did a funny impression of James Stewart on "The Joe Pesci Show" where Jim Bruer was doing a Joe Pesci impression and Mark McKinney was doing a Jim Carrey impression.

That entire episode is gold.

Ride the snake!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He did celebrity impersonations for that pyschic medium skit years later and Jason Sudeikis had that incredulous "Nobody does a Thicke!" line after Carrey did a spot-on Alan Thicke.

He was a crazy good impersonator in his early years but wanted to get away from it because he was afraid of becoming Rich Little.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

try the new taco place posted:

I remember watching this episode in high school :corsair:

The "lifeguard at a Jacuzzi" sketch was gold

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Either that one or the one with Steve Buschemi was probably the best episode of that generation.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Jim Carey in the 90s

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Nuts and Gum posted:

Ride the snake!

I've never seen this version before, but the screeching and undulating video really adds to the effect

https://youtu.be/xZqmuwVjoJY

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wrongful death trial against Carey is going forward:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4646462/Jim-Carrey-fails-court-bid.html

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
i loved him in Simon Birch

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

jim carey in the 2010s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JmNKGfFj7w

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Jim Carey is bored just like the rest of us.

dorkimoe
Feb 16, 2007
Jim Cary in 1999- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB15UFO5ebA

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I never realized what a deranged psychopath he played Ace as in "When Nature Calls." It's the loving best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj1wcs7SZj0

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I never realized what a deranged psychopath he played Ace as in "When Nature Calls." It's the loving best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj1wcs7SZj0

The tiny skinny dude is the guy that played Sloth in Seven and wheelchair guy in Xmen 2.

e: The other wheelchair guy.

Pneub fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Oct 28, 2017

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
he was amazing in the musical: The Mask

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 26, 2017

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Nuts and Gum posted:

Ride the snake!

It really was gold.

SSSSSSCAN ME....

Nice try novice, but don't mess with the Maestro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i made my mom take me to see Cable Guy for my birthday when I was younger because I loved The Mask and Ace Ventura. it was super weird and I remember not liking it very much, but it stuck the landing when he said his name was 'Reeky Retardo' I figured he just had really mean parents and justified it like "Well, if my parents named me that I guess I'd be weird too. He just grew up with a funny name and everybody made fun of him so he makes up personalities." and left it at that. never revisited it until a few years ago.....

yeah. Ricky Ricardo.

• Locked thread