Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

ChaosArgate posted:

Man, I should play this game, but I hardly have the time to sit down and crunch through three Zeldas one-after-another, especially with a new one coming in a month! I have played the sequel though, which I'm told is basically a retread of this game.

I did, though it was from you over in the SALP discord. I have a source though! The tldr version is that the game internally runs at 4k and downscales the image to whatever your PS3 output resolution is, which is insane for the PS3.

It makes a little bit of sense when you think about it. The PS3 is actually a monster when it comes to raw processing power; the architecture is just bizarre and difficult to work with. It wasn't designed to run videogames; it's a supercomputer CPU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Ammy is huge. She's also got slightly rounded ears and a stick-straight tail (despite the twist in her fur, it hangs straight), which are hallmarks of an actual wolf, not a dog.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
On the subject of spiders, Black Widows have kind of a bad reputation. They're non-aggressive and their venom, while dangerous, is not lethal except possibly to very young children or those already in poor health.

I had a few of them living around the outside of my house a couple years back. I left them alone and they left me alone. They only bite humans defensively, so if you aren't purposely antagonizing them they probably aren't going to do anything except run away and hide from you.

• Locked thread