Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

Best game about best dog. Shame it never had a sequel.

(:colbert:)

What are you talking about? It got two, on the same disc even!
Seriously, like PW said, it feels like three games in one. It even has obvious sequel hooks at various points... and then plops you onto dealing with that plot.

(And the actual sequel isn't terrible, merely lackluster)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

We'll have to agree to disagree because I hate it with a passion. Okami is one of the best games I've ever played, and Okamiden felt like a cheap retread that had none of the original's soul.

I'm not saying it was a worthy successor, it was absolutely a step down, but it was functional and playable and didn't actively piss in the original's cornflakes, as it were.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

I love this game to bits, but I disagree strongly with the thread title. :colbert: Ammy is a very good dog.

Ammy is not a good dog. She is a great god.

Anaxite posted:

Susano's house has a scroll in the back, but that handwriting is way beyond my abilities. Sorry! If there's a bigger version I can have a closer look.

His penmanship is TERRIBLE, but from memory, it's his family name.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

From Episode 5, one thing to point out is that while you don't NEED to keep practicing your new moves, if you do so enough times, you get free healing items.

• Locked thread