Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mobius
Sep 26, 2000
Sweet, an NPB thread! I started following in 2014 and became something of a Tigers fan because they have so many parallels to the Cubs (also, shared players like Kosuke Fukudome, Matt Murton, and even Kyuji Fujikawa). Their last couple of seasons have been rough, though.

Following Shohei Otani has been fun in the meantime. Can't wait to see where he ends up in MLB, and whether he'll have the chance to be a two-way player here, too.

Also, I'm taking a trip to Japan soon and am in the process of trying to get opening day tickets for the Carp/Tigers game. Should be a hell of an experience if I can make it happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you make it happen do a write up, You Gotta Have Wa made attending games sound pretty wild for the more highly supported teams

For sure! I expect it to be a great crowd no matter what, since not only is it opening day, but the Carp will be celebrating their first division championship in decades.

And You Gotta Have Wa was excellent, if anyone in this thread hasn't read it, they should. I also like the cheesy Tom Selleck movie, Mr. Baseball. The non-baseball parts are kinda corny, but the baseball-related stuff is spot on. I guess they got in trouble for so closely following everything You Gotta Have Wa talks about?

peanut posted:

Let me know if you need help. Hanshin tickets for fancy days can sell out fast if you don't have a club membership. Will it be at Koshien or in Hiroshima?

It's in Hiroshima, so I might have a decent chance at something in the visitor cheering section. I've been working with the guy at JapanBall.com. He's been super responsive and helpful, but is worried it'll be a tough get. So if you have some way to help, I'm all ears!

Unfortunately, there won't be any Tigers home games while I'm in Osaka. But, with any luck, I may be able to catch a Spring Koshien game!

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000
Ticket confirmed, I will be at the Carp/Tigers opening night game! I can't wait! I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures and share. And with any luck in the scheduling, I may have to make a side trip for Spring Koshien when I'm in Osaka, too...

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000

peanut posted:

Congrats, dude! My husband tried to get Carp home tickets for June but everything was sold out 5 minutes after sales started. His friend was second in line at another convenience store and said the first guy in line bought $6000 of tickets (to be sold by online auction.) :( loving scalpers. We live too far away to risk same-day unreserved seating.

That's insane. In that case, I have no idea how my guy managed to get them. But hey, major kudos to Michael at JapanBallTickets.com!

• Locked thread