Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Awesome roguelike. Download: https://crawl.develz.org/download.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm starting off as a vampire enchanter/stabber. Got a +2 dagger of speed on the first floor, hell yeah.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Instead of downloading you should play Webtiles OP.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's my favorite one OP, although I haven't played much since .14 or so. I knocked out 3 15 runers when I was really in to the game.

Have the Hells or Pandemonium changed much since then? Is Tomb still a huge pain in the rear end? I want to get back in to it badly, maybe now is the time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Squeezy Farm posted:

I play faster on console. It's just more efficient.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Squeezy Farm posted:

I'll give it a shot.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

It's my favorite one OP, although I haven't played much since .14 or so. I knocked out 3 15 runers when I was really in to the game.

Have the Hells or Pandemonium changed much since then? Is Tomb still a huge pain in the rear end? I want to get back in to it badly, maybe now is the time.

I honestly don't know, I usually get murked around the Orcish Mines lmao. I'm sure they have though.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I don't know how to link it but I'm playing on the Georgia server as Average Bear. Playing .19 trunk.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

ooooh... banana

edit:

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 7, 2017

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

ooooh... banana

edit:

Feels good.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I picked up this game again a couple weeks ago and couldn't even get to the lair .

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I tried it recently again and couldn't remember most of the buttons

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Aston posted:

I tried it recently again and couldn't remember most of the buttons

Arrow keys, when you get near an enemy hold tab.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Arrow keys? :dogbutton:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I love Crawl, I've never been good at it thogh

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
this is my fav classic style roguelike. haven't played in a long time but that might change fairly shortly because it pwns

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Evil Eagle posted:

Arrow keys? :dogbutton:

obv o is the superior movement key but do you use numpad or hjkl for fine tuning?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Birds don't have keyboards.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I really like Dungeon Crawl, been feeling the need for it lately. I'm not very good though, I need to get better but it's so much fun that even dying a bunch doesn't bother me.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Aston posted:

obv o is the superior movement key but do you use numpad or hjkl for fine tuning?

I use tab.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Aston posted:

I'm ingrained in my ways. Whenever I shop for laptops the number 1 deciding factor of whether or not I buy one is "does it have a numpad".

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

I use tab.

This is why you couldn't get to lair lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i hit the button that auto explores until you see a monster, primarily

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

doughvakiin posted:

i hit the button that auto explores until you see a monster, primarily

Everyone does, hopefully.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm ingrained in my ways. Whenever I shop for laptops the number 1 deciding factor of whether or not I buy one is "does it have a numpad".

I have that keyboard, but mine didn't come with a cute conure. Did I get ripped off?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nah, you just avoided having your keys ripped off.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Everyone does, hopefully.

:sweatdrop:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Evil Eagle posted:

tomb has some new layouts and enemies, but it's still a huge pain in the rear end for most characters. hells and pandemonium have changed some (e.g. pan is a bit shorter)... the rest of the game has changed much more than extended, though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I dont like it nemore and the design decesions they make are consistently bad. Why are these europeans consistently removing player options and trying to balance a single player game. Some of the new gods are good tho, and also shortening some of the terrible branches like vaults that was a real blast when it was 8 lebels full of yaktaurs.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

They added some demon spawn monsters to pan around that bersion but other than that the posst game is still miserable. Tomb is still a pain unless youre a necromutating guy with fstorm or dispel undead amd patience. Bye.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

However I played it for 100s possinly thousands of hours from .9 to .15 and did a bunch of tournaments 3 and 15 runes and now i feel nauseous thinking about the ascii character set so my perspective may be slightly skewed its probably fine for newbehs who havent played the game way to much.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Got 2 runes so far with my vampire enchanter, the furthest I've gotten yet. Shoals and spiders.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Average Bear posted:

Got 2 runes so far with my vampire enchanter, the furthest I've gotten yet. Shoals and spiders.

Good luck. Personally after the vaults changes i find abyss much safer for a 3rd rune after lair branches.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

However I played it for 100s possinly thousands of hours from .9 to .15 and did a bunch of tournaments 3 and 15 runes and now i feel nauseous thinking about the ascii character set so my perspective may be slightly skewed its probably fine for newbehs who havent played the game way to much.

Yeah it's probably the game I've put the most hours into. I guess I'll just need to see the changes for myself. If I don't like them all the previous versions still exist so I can just play 1 of those.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Average Bear posted:

Nice. No Swamp is always cool imo.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

This is why you couldn't get to lair lol

I'm not going to take this poo poo!!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

I'm not going to take this poo poo!!

You're too injured to fight recklessly!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Recked by an Simulacrum in the depths. Didn't know they could hit 60s lol

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Had a good run as a berserker troll going until I ran into some guy named Joseph who lit me up with a slingshot. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Average Bear posted:

Recked by an Simulacrum in the depths. Didn't know they could hit 60s lol

simulacra can get very very nasty, especially without rC. deep troll simulacra can hit for up to 53 physical + 87 cold damage in a single round

respect em

if you're playing trunk, you can see monster damage when examining monsters.

• Locked thread