Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Awesome roguelike. Download: https://crawl.develz.org/download.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm starting off as a vampire enchanter/stabber. Got a +2 dagger of speed on the first floor, hell yeah.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Squeezy Farm posted:

Instead of downloading you should play Webtiles OP.

I'll give it a shot.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

It's my favorite one OP, although I haven't played much since .14 or so. I knocked out 3 15 runers when I was really in to the game.

Have the Hells or Pandemonium changed much since then? Is Tomb still a huge pain in the rear end? I want to get back in to it badly, maybe now is the time.

I honestly don't know, I usually get murked around the Orcish Mines lmao. I'm sure they have though.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I don't know how to link it but I'm playing on the Georgia server as Average Bear. Playing .19 trunk.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

ooooh... banana

edit:

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 7, 2017

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Got 2 runes so far with my vampire enchanter, the furthest I've gotten yet. Shoals and spiders.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

I'm not going to take this poo poo!!

You're too injured to fight recklessly!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Recked by an Simulacrum in the depths. Didn't know they could hit 60s lol

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Level 24 now, 2 runes and in the Vaults... I'm on a roll. I'm playing on the Georgia server if anyone wants to watch

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Good luck watch out for wardens esp on v5

Got the unrandart Leech, so I just popped every potion buff I had and basically tabbed floor 5 to death. It was awesome.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ended by TRJ... rip

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Aston posted:

I joined and you died 30 seconds later.

Haha I never fought the slime boss so I didn't expect that kind of rear end whooping. Always carry at least one blink scroll

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Got a taste for blasting, its Deep elf conjurer time

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Why are you not playing trunk?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I have an actually viable Deep Elf Fighter run going on lol. Got Maxwell's Patent Armor (+15 plate, no casting or teles) on D3.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

Can someone tell me about choosing when to train which skills? Like if I'm playing something super simple like Kobold Berserker.

Get your weapon skill up first. A few levels is fine until you can hit at a reasonable rate. Then train your armor or dodging skills to ensure you can survive a bit longer. If fighting is still low, get a few levels in that. Then get your weapon skill up to the level it needs to be to get the minimum attack delay. Check the weapon to find out what that is.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

O_o..... I liked killing 10000000 orcs

There's still a ton of Orcs, they're more densely packed though

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I thought I was dead facing a titan, had 2 hp left... but I read a tele scroll and made it out by chugging curing potions during the wait lol. Intense

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
level 27 with 3 runes in the abyss... I have every negative temporary mutation they can stick on me

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Aaaand dead. Unresistable damage ftl.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Intent+Ritual+Gnosis+Choice+Epic

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ghosts can't go up or down stairs, so use that to heal and kill the ghost for good XP.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

BUllshit dude.

I'm not debating this poo poo again. Topic locked.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

Is this just a troll? For sale, only 1203 coins on floor 9.

The tradeoff is you will have trouble using plate armor effectively without good strength and/or armor skill. Expect to fumble a few attacks until you can get your armor up. Slaying is always a great thing to have, and is pretty rare. Could make up for the loss in accuracy while you train.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I did it!!! My first win, with 4 runes (abyss, spider, shoals, and vault)

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
.20 Is out

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

HOLY poo poo!!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Dead to going down some stairs and getting double teamed by fannar and basilisks. Frozen->Stone->Tele'd not far enough away and dead :/

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Just found out they don't let you play non optimal class combos in prison? Anyone know if I have a legal leg to stand on to play more DEFis?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That thread is amazing

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Got owned really hard. Got thrown into the abyss, barely scraped my way out, got thrown in again, didn't make it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Startscumming is absolutely the thing to do if the dungeon entrance isn't nice enough or your starting gear looks bad.

• Locked thread